Your First Movie

skybluesky

I am thinking of taking my daughter to her first movie this August...The Care Bears Movie. It'll be so sickeningly sweet, I'll get cavities, but I'm sure she'll love it.

Just to even out the sweetness, after the "Care Bears" is over, take the kid home and watch "Pulp Fiction" together.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester:

• 3 weeks later...

Not my very first movie, but the one that made the strongest impression on me as an 8-year old was Zorro’s Fighting Legion. It was an action packed 1939 TV serial that had been patched into a 2½ hour or so movie with a cliff-hanger every 20 minutes. I loved every second of it and my hairs stood on edge when Zorro’s men came riding with that unforgettable music in the background. Imagine my confusion and disappointment when, after 80 minutes of sword buckling adventure a sign come on that said: “To be continued next week!!†and the light were lit in the theatre! Next week seemed like a year into the future, but next Sunday at 2 pm I was first in line. Zorro’s Fighting Legion is now in the public domain and you can enjoy it at this site

• 2 weeks later...

The one movie I can definitely say I saw from start to finish in the movie theater was "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" (1954). The one thing that makes it stand out is Kirk Doulgas' "Ned Land" character singing "A Whale of a Tale." (Yes, this was the only time Kirk Douglas sang in a movie!) :thumbsup: