Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Surprised that, unless I'm mistaken, no one has posted this yet, but...

Sgt. Pepper's (I can't type the whole thing every time) was released 40 years ago tomorrow, and it's still an amazing album. It would certainly be in my top three favourite albums and A Day In The Life is hands down my favourite song. Even if you disagree as to the album's quality, you can't deny that it is very important to Rock music. Although, the "concept album" idea kind of fell out after two tracks, it was an early attempt at it and paved the way for many more developments. Musical importance aside, it is, in my opinion, one of best albums of all time and deserves to be remembered simply as an amazing piece of music as well.

To celebrate, I plan to listen to it on repeat for several hours.

Even if you disagree as to the album's quality, you can't deny that it is very important to Rock music. Although, the "concept album" idea kind of fell out after two tracks, it was an early attempt at it and paved the way for many more developments...

I fully agree with you on that, Wade. Sgt Peppers (I neither can tape the whole title) was a real revolution in music when it was released. i would say that it´s been the most important Beatles album, not as much due to the quality of the songs but rather to the totally new turn (though they already did psychedelia before, but not as a whole) It opened the doors... I remember it because I was 11 by then and sarted to come back home from school on my own, with my brother and some friends. Older friends would introduce me into that new sound, everybody would let their hair grow, the looks changed, life was being beautiful... and SPLHCB was, somehow, our Bible... :bow: (then came the Rolling Stones in my life, but that´s another story... :cool: )

Now it´s not among my fave albums but I have to admit it was getting better... :cool: