My family needs good thoughts and prayers again...

Elvish

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worn down to the nub - trying to stay rested and hydrated. We started yesterday in the Bootheel, drove down through Arkansas to Tennessee, and then all the way back across Arkansas to get home. I've never been happier to see Missouri in my life :laughing:

Thank goodness the weekend is already almost here again, so I can maybe recuperate some. I'm going to see the doctor today and will restrain myself from telling him about my adventures over the past several days ;)

I love you all and wish I could hug your necks personally ((((Songfacts Family))))

Okay, ya'll he's in surgery again :crazy:

His white blood cell count was through the roof today. One of the docs pointed out that this was actually somewhat of a good sign, because it means his body is adjusting and making up for the removal of his spleen. Unfortunately, though, a scan showed several sacs of fluid in his abdomen. They're going to drain those off and wash him out again. Hopefully that will take care of any infection he's fighting.

No word yet - they had several helicopters fly people in when they were prepping him, so they kept pushing his surgery back and he didn't go in until 3:30 this morning. I just talked to Mom and he's back in his room as of about an hour ago but she's not been able to see him yet.

He's come so far and I know he'll be fine, but it's frustrating to have setbacks. Expected though, I suppose. I'm just praying he keeps his spirits up so he can get better faster :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update: my brother finally got to come home on Saturday - short his spleen and half of his pancreas, but he's still here. And on the road to making a full recovery.

Thanks, once more, for all the prayers and positive thoughts. I told him more than once that there were people all over the world thinking about him and he just looked at me like I'd lost it ;) :laughing: