My family needs good thoughts and prayers again...

Elvish

My aunt (dad's sister) passed away yesterday morning after a brief battle with cancer. She was our favorite aunt growing up - I'm sad that she's one less person my children will get to know.

And my brother was in a 4 wheeler accident over the weekend and is in really bad shape. He had emergency surgery last night and is still in critical intensive care, with further surgery scheduled for the evening. I'm packing up will be headed down to Memphis to maybe see him this afternoon. He's really not doing well - respirator, feeding tube and the whole nine yards. My sister says he's hour to hour at this point and the doctors can't promise us anything. :(

So - please burn some incense or say a prayer. I'm not sure how much more loss we can take right now.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Farin - no response needed, really (and I also know how difficult it is to find to words when someone expresses such intense need and/or loss).

I just want to get some positive vibes out there in the universe for Wade. He's only 27 years old - lots of living left to do...

Crystal, I'm so sorry to hear this. Please know that my prayers are with you and your family (your brother most especially). I unfortunatly understand how tough the next few days will be. Hang in there, and be tough. Prayers and good thougths go a long way, so keep them up and be strong and positive.

Thanks, y'all. I love my Songfacts family so much - you are the best people, anywhere :)

I'm still waiting to make the trip. Wade was supposed to have a second surgery this afternoon and I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to see him after getting down there. Plus, I have Nicholas to think about (not to mention the little sprout in utero). My brother's doing much better than they expected, though. Was responsive this morning and responding to requests from staff, plus my mom and sister just got to see him. Apparently he took his own respirator tube out (they aren't sure how, since his hands are strapped down - that's my brother for you). He's breathing on his own and talked to Mom and Brandie a bit...some of it a little nonsensical, of course. Plus, he's flirting with the nurses so that's a good sign as well ;)

Keep up the positive energy going out into the universe on his behalf. They've pushed his second surgery back to this evening. I think if he gets through that one as well as this one, he's going to be fine.

We're still waiting to hear regarding arrangements for my aunt. My uncle was trying to wait until Mom got back (she was in Springfield over the weekend) but now that all this has happened with my brother, they're going ahead and making plans without Mom. I figure we're headed to either the Bootheel or Memphis first thing in the morning, one way or another.

Thanks again, y'all - you truly are wonderful...

I am sorry to hear about your aunt, Crystal. I know what you mean about wishing your kids could meet the people that were important in your life.

Glad to hear your brother is showing signs of improving. They must have some hot nurses down there in Tennessee. Reminds me of that line at the end of "Start Me Up..."

Elvy, things sound wonderful about your brother, I'm so happy. All the things you mentioned are good, good signs!! All the positive energy, and prayers do work!

The family will pull together in this tough time, for your mom, and uncle, and be better for it. My condolences hon, concerning your aunt.

We are back and exhausted!

Wade continues to do 100% better than expected - it really is miraculous. He's out of ICU and into a "serious condition" room. He not sedated anymore and a bit freaked out at the prospect of almost dying, but we're working to keep his spirits up and get him on the road to recovery.

My aunt is at peace - she was originally given 3-4 months to live, but only made it one, so she didn't have to suffer as long as she could have. It's hard to say goodbye, but all the loss and tragedy really helps put life in prospective. Tell people how much you love them at every opportunity.

Thanks again to everyone for your prayers and positive thoughts. Songfactors are the best people anywhere and I'm so honored to be one of you. Y'all are awesome! :)