Can we add...

Mike

A direct link/button to each post that enable any member to private message the appropriate moderator to report any offensive/inappropriate material. I think if we make it real easy and simple to report problems, this will make it better for us all. It might serve as a deterrant for people to post inappropiate material.

We mod's/adm's cannot be here reading every post 24/7/365 and we need the members help to keep the forums clean, fun and wholesome, ok well at least clean and fun. ::

This is a great place and we need to keep it that way!!

Mike

Mike, that's a great idea! I recently found out that there is 'Notify Moderator' icon at the bottom of each post. However, I used this feature yesterday to have Amy delete a link in one of my old posts-that now goes to a objectionable picture. Anyway, I also PM'd her at the same time and the PM got to her first.

So my question is, how does the 'Notify Moderator' function work? Does it send a PM to only the moderators of that forum?

Ideally, what would be really neat is for all 'notify mod alerts' to get posted on a 'communal' type message board rather than just PM'd to one particular moderator. That way, if the mods for one board are both away, another mod can take action. (I hope this makes sense?)

(Geez, leave it to me to create more work for Sara! :: )

Another thing is, I totally agree that it is up to the users of this board to help out the moderators!! I think everyone has come across really bad examples of poor conduct among users. When this happens, the best thing to do is to notify a moderator! The mods do an awesome job of stepping in and making sure things don't get out of hand. Like Mike said, they can't be everywhere or read every single post, so they can really benefit from everyday users that are out there!

-Brian

I was also thinking that maybe you mods should think about recruiting more moderators. I've seen other forums do this. What they'll do is people who post nominate who they think would be the best mod. After people get enough nominations you could set up a "knock-out" poll. Let's say for instants that Muzik and Cindy were noimated. A person could vote (anonymously if they so choose) for whoever they think is fit. Whoever would win becomes the new moderator. After that you could give them how ever much power you deem fit.

Just a thought, keep it in mind.

Excellent suggestions everyone. :) Brian is right, there is a 'Notify Moderator' link at the bottom of each post. It is very inconspicuous so don't feel bad that you didn't notice it Mike. I had forgotten it was there until Brian mentioned where it is. In fact, when you first posted this suggestion I went looking for the link b/c I thought we did have the functionality, but I couldn't find it! :doh:

These little icons at the bottom of each post is where you can find it:

Post Extras: print.gifaddreminder.gifnotifymod.gifsendbyemail.gif

This is what each icon does when you click on it:

print.gif - creates a printable page of the post.

addreminder.gif - adds the post to the Post Reminders on your My Home page.

notifymod.gif - notifies the moderator(s) of the forum that they should look at the post.

sendbyemail.gif - emails the post to an email address that you enter.

When the Notify Moderator feature is used an email, not a PM, is sent to the moderator(s) of the forum with the name of the person who sent the notification, the content of the post, and a link to the thread it is in.

Brian, I like your suggestion - yeah, thanks for the work! :beady: J/K - I don't even know how to do that, I think that would have to be a job for the developers. :)

It is helpful to be notified of problems - now that we all know how to do it, please do! :)

• 5 weeks later...

I was also thinking that maybe you mods should think about recruiting more moderators. I've seen other forums do this. What they'll do is people who post nominate who they think would be the best mod. After people get enough nominations you could set up a "knock-out" poll. Let's say for instants that Muzik and Cindy were noimated. A person could vote (anonymously if they so choose) for whoever they think is fit. Whoever would win becomes the new moderator. After that you could give them how ever much power you deem fit.

Just a thought, keep it in mind.

Dude, thats a great idea. lol, we could even have our own kinda songfacts Election. I personally think Muzik would make an AWESOME mod...hint hint nudge nudge wink wink CARL or SARA cough cough :thumbsup: