List 38

Elvish

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have YOU heard Soup by Blind Melon or A Northern Soul by the Verve or Peasants, Pigs and Astronauts by Kula Shaker or One Hot Minute by the Chili Peppers? :shades: :grin:

^ I'm picking one of them as a nomination

Soup and One Hot Minute, yes :P

Those who never heard "In the Court of the Crimson King" or "Close to the Edge" should do an effort and listen to the classics. It´s not easy listening music but come on, don´t be lazy... it´s amazing music, not old or boring or whatever... it´s excellent music. "Close to the Edge" was nominated by Foolonthehill, our 15 years old Songactor. I youtube and listen for the new music when I have to vote for the Top Ten, I also do an effort and try to like it (or not, but I do listen to it... ) and "Eat a Peach" is also a classic, easier to listen than KC or YES.

I mean, you might like it or not, but loving rock music and not knowing what this music is about is like being a doctor and ignore it all about blood pressure... :P

Hey, I love you anyways, you know... :shades: :grin:

^ well, I voted for them :crazy:

Those who never heard "In the Court of the Crimson King" or "Close to the Edge" should do an effort and listen to the classics. It´s not easy listening music but come on, don´t be lazy... it´s amazing music, not old or boring or whatever... it´s excellent music. "Close to the Edge" was nominated by Foolonthehill, our 15 years old Songactor. I youtube and listen for the new music when I have to vote for the Top Ten, I also do an effort and try to like it (or not, but I do listen to it... ) and "Eat a Peach" is also a classic, easier to listen than KC or YES.

I mean, you might like it or not, but loving rock music and not knowing what this music is about is like being a doctor and ignore it all about blood pressure... :P

Hey, I love you anyways, you know... :shades: :grin:

I actually have an mp3 of "In the Court of the Crimson King"...

not bad, but not that good either... admittedly you have to be in the right mood to listen to 9 and a half minute songs... :P

and I just listened to "Melissa", and I think it's basically the same... certainly not a bad song, but on the other hand I will have forgotten what it sounded like in half an hour... there's just nothing special imho

and now "Ain't wasting no time" it's better, I like the guitar... yes, that's about it...

In order to enjoy long songs you must think of them not as single pieces but, usually, as many pieces coming together to make a story on a single concept. Often long songs will be subdivided into smaller parts, each with it's own melodic material, though all parts will share some similarities. The length of the song enables it to explore topics (musically and in terms of the story being told) more fully. It also lets the listener enjoy the music (or not) for longer. :)