Death of Jerry Falwell

Was he the one who went on TV crying and asking God's forgiveness ( I remember a tearful "Oh Lord, I have sinned against you")for picking up a prostitute or having an affair or some such thing?

If heaven is full of people like him, I don't want to go.

He also blamed the World Trade Center attacks on gays and abortions.

"I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"

Well, I had posted something along the lines of 'I'm glad he's dead, the fat, corrupt, homophobic, racist bastard' on another thread a few days ago (guess which one?)...but for reasons that defeat me, it was deleted...and yet on this thread, other folks fair comment about the demise of the fat, corrupt, racist, homophobic bastard is allowed.

}:(

Go figure. :(

Edited by Guest
Forgot 'bastard'

Well, I had posted something along the lines of 'I'm glad he's dead, the fat, corrupt, homophobic, racist bastard' on another thread a few days ago (guess which one?)...

Would that be the "Fat, corrupt, homophobic, racist bastards" thread? I think we have two of them here at Songfacts.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester:

Surprised nobody mentioned this earlier. I only just found out myself.:blush: We're a bit behind the times over here. ;)

I had no idea he had lambasted Teletubby Tinky-Winky as a homosexual role-model. "Tinky Winky says "Bye bye" to Falwell"

Ah yes. A major point of contention for him. He totally believed this. Granted the show was a little disturbing, like an acid trip for children, but to out Tinky Winky? It was a huge bruhaha over here!

Wild!

Ah yes. A major point of contention for him. He totally believed this. Granted the show was a little disturbing, like an acid trip for children, but to out Tinky Winky? It was a huge bruhaha over here! :crazy: Unbelievalbe.