Alice Cooper - A Christian?

Ken

Well, i belive in Jesus as my Lord and Master. So do all the different branches of the churches. i don't belive in seperateing the church, which its self is not a building or place but Christians as a whole. In the end, all Christians are headed towards the end goal, Jesus. Why should we lable ourselfs as anything other then followers of Christ? In Jesus there is no such thing as Catholic's or anything things else, there is only parts of his chruch, children who he loves more then himself. So I don't seperate myself into a religous box, and it only creates fights amonst Christians anyways. i think I've explained to the best of my ablitys...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just that i get very passionate about Jesus. Very. And I tend to get into the whole...I'm Right Your Wrong which the wrong stance to take....I try to add to my flock as well. Sorry, I'll let you come in your own go time...if you wanna. free-will and all that jazz...

"Brutal Planet"- Alice Cooper

We're spinning round on this ball of hate

There's no parole, there's no great escape

We're sentenced here until the end of days

And then my brother there's a price to pay

We're only human, we were born to die

Without the benefit of reason why

We live for pleasure - to be satisfied

And now it's over there's no place to hide

Why don't you, come down to

It's such a brutal planet

It's such an ugly world

Why won't you, come down to

"This world is such perfection" (What a sight)

"It's just like paradise" (For my eyes)

"A truly grand creation" (What a sight)

"From up here it looks so nice" (For my eyes)

It's such a living hell

It was a holy garden

That's right where Adam fell

It's where the bite was taken

It's where we chose to sin

It's where we first were naked

This is where our death begins

We took advice from that deceiving snake

He said don't worry it's a piece of cake

And sent us swimming in a burning lake

Now we're abandoned here for heaven's sake

It's such an ugly world

Here's where we keep the armies

Here's where we write their names

Here's where the money god is

Here's our famous hall of shame

Here's where we starve the hungry

Here's where we cheat the poor

Here's where we beat the children

Here is where we pay the whore

It's such an ugly world

Right here we stoned the prophets

Built idols out of mud

Right here we fed the lions

Christian flesh and Christian blood

Down here is where we hung ya

Upon an ugly cross

Over there we filled the ovens

Right here the holocaust

I'm seeing some of the nicest people on here saying they're not Christian.

Maybe not in name, but by your politeness and tolerance of others - yep, you are Christians.

And good for Alice Cooper for doing something postive to help people.

That definitely qualifies him as a Christian; being a Churchgoer doesn't necessarily do so, although it can't hurt.

And Ron (S2V) - what an excellent Post !!!

Unfortunately the Devil is alive and well. :P

I agree Darryl, going to church and talking the talk" are not as important as your actions. My MIL was married to a man who never missed a Sunday at church, but all week long made her and his two sons miserable with verbal and sometimes physical abuse.

Spirituality, God, whatever you call it, is in the way you live your life.

Anyway, kudos to Alice Cooper, and I hope you have fun at the concert, Katie.

It's just that i get very passionate about Jesus.

I think this may be the problem...it is not an intelligent, experienced or 'thought out' relationship. It is a passion, with no more substance than a passion for the team jock or for Justin Timberlake...I find the whole discussion dismally sad.

I still find it puzzling that, otherwise intelligent people, believe in supernatural powers, god, ghosts, afterlife etc. However, I have discovered that ridicule just hardens their perspective...so, now I just sit, perplexed and saddened at their idiocy and incapablity to accept that 'this is it'...nature is wonderful, life is what happens....and then we are gone. Get used to it.

JMHO :(

Edited by Guest
couldn't spell 'ridicule'...shame really

Excuse me, John ... but the theory you just espoused seems to me to be the sad one. Why is hope for an afterlife seem so sad to you? This hope brings much needed stress relief to a great many people. When one says, "One day I will die and that will be it," life seems devoid of any meaning whatsoever. That is true sadness.

I understand your feeling that faith seems to run contrary to intellect, but I feel the more one learns about it, the more nature points to an itelligent creator. I once wrote:

Our brain is not who we are.

Its function is to make us aware that

We have a spirit.

My wife, during childbirth, died of cardiac arrest and saw herself being worked on from an overhead vantage point. She then proceeded to travel "toward the light" but was told it was not her time and she returned to her body. This is not an isolated incident that only happened to my rational, intelligent, totally honest, non-Christian wife. To deny all the faith-inspiring supernatural incidents that have happened to millions of members of mankind down through history and say, "We live, we die, no flow, no purpose" to my way of thinking, requires much more faith than the belief that some Being, somewhere, cares how we treat that Being's creations.

But, hey ... what do I know?

Excuse me, John ... but the theory you just espoused seems to me to be the sad one. Why is hope for an afterlife seem so sad to you? This hope brings much needed stress relief to a great many people. When one says, "One day I will die and that will be it," life seems devoid of any meaning whatsoever. That is true sadness.

I understand your feeling that faith seems to run contrary to intellect, but I feel the more one learns about it, the more nature points to an itelligent creator. I once wrote:

Our brain is not who we are.

Its function is to make us aware that

We have a spirit.

My wife, during childbirth, died of cardiac arrest and saw herself being worked on from an overhead vantage point. She then proceeded to travel "toward the light" but was told it was not her time and she returned to her body. This is not an isolated incident that only happened to my rational, intelligent, totally honest, non-Christian wife. To deny all the faith-inspiring supernatural incidents that have happened to millions of members of mankind down through history and say, "We live, we die, no flow, no purpose" to my way of thinking, requires much more faith than the belief that some Being, somewhere, cares how we treat that Being's creations.

But, hey ... what do I know?

Well, on the basis of that reply, not a great deal about rational thought...and that last bit about 'no purpose' requiring more faith is just so asinine, I wont dignify it with a response. :crazy:

JMHO

Alice Cooper is a rock star who became big in the 70's, and is credited with inventing "shock rock", which is why his Christianity may seem strange to some.

I'm inclined to agree with S2V and Darryl (as I find I often am), but I view my Catholic religion as a private and solitary aspect of my life, so I will not argue the point.