Alice Cooper - A Christian?

Ken

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is great. I love Alice Cooper, he's one of my favourite artists ever. I think that the author of 'Cold Ethyl' being a born again christian (which he wasn't when he wrote that song) makes things more messed up and freakier than ever. Which of course is Alice's main appeal.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. I have no issues with anyone's religion, it's just that one has expectations when you make a statement like that, and singing songs like "Cold Ethyl" and "I Love The Dead" kind of run concurrent to the expectations one might have about a Born Again. Oh well, it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round....

Alice Cooper:

(I became a Christian) "initially more out of the fear of God, rather than the love of God ... I did not want to go to hell." Interviewed for HM's March/April issue, Cooper views his faith as "an ongoing thing."

I respect his decision to discuss his change of heart, I personally never saw him or his "act" as bad (as in evil or damaging) only as rebellious. It's always been a big draw with kids,

be your parents worst nightmare, it's the only control you have.

Cooper told HM he answers his critics: "'I was one thing at one time, and I'm something new. I'm a new creature now. Don't judge Alice by what he used to be. Praise God for what I am now.'"

As Connor said... it's just an act. Besides, I don't think that being Christian requires a certain way of life.

Come on Seeks, thats balls. When you really find the truth it changes your life. Your life DOES change and you HAVE to live a life full of love for everything and everyone as our Lord God commands. You have to live a different life to the one you had before. Jesus has to be center to your life, your world goes around because Jesus is the center of it. i'm proberly not explaining this very well, but i can be try. It DOES demand a different way of life.

Well I am, and I certainly don't live like this and don't know anyone who does... but that's beside the point, and I'm not religious anyway.

As das said, there are different levels... saying that once you've found the 'truth', you have to love everyone else and let your life revolve around Jesus, is 'balls'. :stars:

Well I am, and I certainly don't live like this and don't know anyone who does... but that's beside the point, and I'm not religious anyway.

As das said, there are different levels... saying that once you've found the 'truth', you have to love everyone else and let your life revolve around Jesus, is 'balls'. :stars:

Well, thats what it says in the Bible and thats what I was taught by better teachers then you. So, say it's "balls" if you like, but I'm hardly one to call the word of the Lord "balls". :P

Youu called my statement balls, that's why I quoted you (kind of). :P

I don't want to be your teacher--trust me, that's the last thing on my mind. :P

I highly doubt that a lot of people still live by the Bible like this. If you do, that's fine. I respect that--I just don't think that it's very common. Perhaps I just know the wrong people.

Paul the apostle, arguably the most influential post-Jesus Christian the world has known, used to kill Christians for hire. Jesus can sneak up on a person like that. He doesn't care who you are ... just who you can be.

I have a theory that Lennon was in the process of growing closer to Christ (evidenced in his more intimate relationship with Bob Dylan, another convert) prior to his being slain. The devil was freaked at the idea of Lennon becoming a Christian and worked some hoodoo on that kid in Hawaii.

I was just surprised that people who write/sing songs about doing the squishy-squashy flippy- floppy with dead folks considered themselves Christian, is all.

Alice Cooper:

maintains that his act was never political or religious and always had "a sense of humor." He told HM: The Hard Music Magazine that he was always insulted whenever he was accused of being satanic. Raised in a Christian home, he still believed in God, although he was not committed.

That changed when alcoholism threatened his marriage. He and his wife, Sheryl, attended a church with a "hellfire pastor." Cooper said he became a Christian "initially more out of the fear of God, rather than the love of God ... I did not want to go to hell." Interviewed for HM's March/April issue, Cooper views his faith as "an ongoing thing."

So while agree, it's weird. He says he changed his ways, with his beliefs.