Music for studying/writing.

Danielj

The 1812 festive overture. It always gets my brain going for lyrics.

Or sometimes the walza from Sleeping Beauty if I'm writting an essay.

However for poems I useally just have radio 2 playing softly in the background, then if a song I like comes on I can break and crank it up. I often find I'm to buried in my text to step back and look at it, so this works for me.

In short, dunno, try these.

'amnesiac' by radiohead - that's my brother's trick!

i also used to listen to 'moon safari' by air and of course 'grace' by jeff buckley. i find it hard to sit in silence while studying so i usually choose things that i know really well so then it's not too distracting. when i was studying for my leaving cert i used to put on a cd of the music i needed to study but when i was studying english i'd put on the 'cinema paradiso' soundtrack since that was one of my texts! i'm a nerd by the way!

Daniel....Dude. :thumbsup:

Some form of death metal is always cool, especially when doing schoolwork and contemplating thrashing that condescending sombitch of a science teacher.

Or you may prefer something mellow, like John Denver, for instance.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester:

Edited by Guest

Anything really, am I the only one who CAN'T concentrate if I'm not listening to music? Everything I'v ever done well, I did while music was on. :)

You are not alone. I too am part of this "Noise Culture" where silence is scary and if I have two radios, they are both on as well as my tape players and CD players. All playing different stations/Tapes/CDS......It all helps to add to the creative mixture in my mind.....

I can't get anything done while listening to music. If I'm listening to something I enjoy while trying to simultaneously study something I don't enjoy, it doesn't work out. If I AM trying to ignore my work, then I find 2112 does the trick. REALLY LOUD. Just blocks everything out.