The Daily Trivia Game

Elvish

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Lady Godiva is some woman. But more importantly, it's a brand of chocolate. Inside the chocolate box is always the story of Lady Godiva. Something about wanting to reduce taxes on the people and her husband or the king or whatever telling her he'd do it if she rode down the street on a horse wearing nothing. The people heard of this plan and so as to not embarrass her and to show their gratitude, they all locked themselves into their houses with the shades drawn so she could complete the... dare.

So since she was so nice, they named chocolates after her. Because chocolates are nice.

Also, the term peeping Tom came from this event. There was one man who just couldn't resist a short peek at the lovely Lady Godiva and his name was of course Tom. I learned about this in high school I'm kinda surprised some of you didn't know who she was. It was a basic history lesson when I was in school :D

godiva.jpg

"Lady Godiva" c. 1898

by John Collier

2. You are on the Salisbury Plain looking at an ancient monument. It is a circle of standing stones, some of bluestone and some of sandstone. Druids meet here at the summer solstice. Where are you?

Pyramids at Giza

Stonehenge

Valley of the Kings

Parthenon

8. This structure is dated back to being built 5,000 years ago on the plateau of Salisbury Plain.

Stonehenge

Crop Circle

Great Pyramid at Giza

Statue of Gaea

hmmm...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...