Videos for Prospective Nominations: Post & View Them Here !

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that song. I'd vote for it. Granted it's not real deep and it is repetitive but it's quite catchy.

I had thought of nominating it in the past but figured it wouldn't do well at all and people might make fun of the poor little thing :puppyeyes:

Hazard is probably the only Richard Marx song I like, so I'll definitely vote for it.

I'm thinking of nominating some She & Him. I saw a commercial for Cotton (you know, "the fabric of our lives"?) and Zooey Deschanel was starring in it and the song she sang in it, is one she wrote. I love her voice. Very quirky. So I downloaded their two albums and they're damn good.

Oh yes, a guilty pleasure of mine. If you don't recognize the title, you'll definitely recognize the song when you hear it.

Hands To Heaven - Breathe (1988) {YouTube video}

I'm nominating it for the next TT. :)

^ I've heard of that song title when reading a best of '88 article, but I don't remember ever hearing it. How old we're we then, in 1st grade?

^ I've heard of that song title when reading a best of '88 article, but I don't remember ever hearing it. How old we're we then, in 1st grade?

I graduated from kindergarten in June of '87, so when that song came out, I was either finishing 1st grade or starting 2nd grade.

There's a TV station here in the Winston-Salem area for the Forsyth County School System that plays music overnight, and this was one of the songs they played. I hadn't heard it in close to 15 years. I forgot how much I liked it at the time.

I graduated in June of '88.

Same here. Class of '00 :shifty: I believe we've had this convo before though.

My mom was pregnant with my sister when I started kindergarten, as she was born in December of '87.

Same here only for me it was my youngest brother and he was born the following month in Jan 88.

I was just about to say the same thing, Peaches. Man, I feel OLD.

One day when I went ot pick up my daughter at school, I noticed that one of the kids had brought in the movie "Short Circuit" to share with the class. I said, "Number five is alive" and the teacher says, "yes, wasn't that a cute old movie?" I wanted to slap him.

But I digress.....Hands to Heaven will get my vote.