Videos for Prospective Nominations: Post & View Them Here !

You have a song in mind for the Songfacts Top Ten, but don't know if anyone else ever heard of it? or like? or would vote for it?

here's the thread for you, just post a song here and everybody has the opportunity to listen, get to know it and maybe (preferably) give some feedback :)

:headphones:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's 2 of my favourite songs, maybe unknown to most. What do you think?

1. 40000 Headmen - Traffic Video terrific!!!!

2. Shine on Brightly - Procol Harum Video

Shine on Brightly--I'm currently trying to expand my knowledge of Procol Harum songs, so that's great timing! :) 7/10 I'd say, though... I like the second song more (In The Wee hours of six pence)-- 8/10.

40 000 Headmen--8.5/10 I'd say. :)

Martin..

Eple ~ Röyksopp

Meh (did I really just say that?). Nice intro, I thought. The intro turned out to be the whole song! I was waiting for more. ;)

Dappled, Traffic is one of my favorite bands. 40,000 Headmen ranks probably 8/10 of TRAFFIC songs for me. However, were I voting, it would probably get mine.

I'm not a huge Procol Harum Fan.

TimLizzy, I do believe you just may get my vote for Idlewild Blues. I liked it the first time you posted it (listened to it about 5 times), and I'm enjoying it again now. It's most definately straight up blues, and just my style! Which makes me wonder if you ever listen to blues, old school?

9/10

Bom Bom Bom isn't bad, and I get the Jagger connection. I see a Jagger/Bowie kind of style. I'll have to listen some more.

Love Is All - Roger Glover and Guests (Vocals Ronnie James Dio)

This is the Single from ex Deep Purple, Etc. Roger Glover's 1974 U.K. Concept Album, "The Butterfly Ball And The Grasshopper's Feast". It features the great Ronnie James Dio on vocals. For more information about it please click here.

The Single didn't chart in the U.S., but with the great animated video clip, it became a huge Hit in Australia in 1978. It was #1 in my home City of Brisbane, and #7 Australia wide. (Those Southern DJs weren't as adventurous as we Northerners).

It's one of my all time favorites, but I've been loath to nominate it because I doubted that many of you would know it. The clip is delightful visually, and I believe Ronnie James Dio is one of the best ever (essentially) Heavy Metal vocalists. Why he wasted that voice on Heavy Metal remains a mystery to me. Maybe to get more Chicks ?

He is credited with inventing this sign - :rockon:

I'd really like to know what you think of it after a couple of listens. :)

^^^ thanks for your honest oppinion people :)

^^ Idlewild Blues is a very good song, one of (even if not THE) their best 8.5/10

^ Darryl, I think I did in fact listen to it before.

A nice little song (and video too), but for me it's nothing special 6.5/10

Edited by Guest
forgot Tim's song

MY HONEST REVIEWS OF THE VIDEOS I'VE WATCHED/LISTENED TO.

Eple ~ Röyksopp: Very pleasant. I like it. However Instrumentals have a very poor record in our Top Tens and I think it would be a waste of time nominating it.

40000 Headmen - Traffic: Not my cup of tea, but I believe others will like it.

Shine on Brightly - Procol Harum: Love the Group, but 7 minute 47 second songs don't (usually) get my vote.

Idlewild Blues - OutKast: I'm not really into Blues' songs, but this is very good ! Why not try nominating it in our next "No #1s" Top Ten #62.

Bom Bom Bom - The Living Things: A catchy little song that I believe others will like. The lead singer is a bit weak on the vocals to me.

SUMMING UP: The only one of those I'd consider voting for would be Idlewild Blues. I've saved it in Favorites on my Computer for further listening.

:)

The Dio one was just odd for me, just because I see him and Glover as heavy metal gods, and it's hard for me to swallow a poppy little tune with a silly animated video with those two involved. Dio rocks though, and I'll probably be going to see him with Black Sabbath on Tuesday, if my friend would just go get the freaking tickets.

The Laid Back song didn't do much for me either. :crazy:

I didn't care so much for the Laid Back one. Radhi says it's a good name for the band. There really isn't a band. I like real instruments. I looked at one of the live versions through youtube, and there is only the one guitar. :crazy:

I knew the Deep Purple song. It's known in the section of the country I'm from. It's ok, but I'm kind of with TimLizzy. I like my Deep Purple a little harder.

well only one guitar and a keyboard/synth, admittatly no Rock band by any means, but I would call them a 'band' nonetheless ;) :grin:

(so I like minimalistic music - sue me :grin: )

^^ the Warren Zevon song isn't bad, but... I dunno... not really my music I guess... :crazy: sorry, I can't be more specific :P

I'm going through listening to the ones I haven't heard now. :)

I'd like to know a little about each song, especially the year of it.

Bakerman - Laid Back: I like it very much on first hearing. I've saved it to my favorites for further listening. Look away from the Clip and it's almost Country Rock !

Lawyers, Guns and Money - Warren Zevon: Poor Warren just wasn't my brand of coffee. I only ever liked his 'Werewolves Of London'.

Sign Of The Gypsy Queen - April Wine: Sounded good, but 6 minutes 23 seconds is not for me. I think lots of others would appreciate it though.

I certainly don't mean to offend anyone with my comments. I appreciate that you must really like a song to air it here - well done.

Don't forget to have a look at "Love Is All", but don't expect any Heavy Metal or Devil's Horns' signs; it's a great cartoon clip you can show your children or grandchildren. It's not Deep Purple, but a classic 'concept' solo project of Roger Glover's, "The Butterfly Ball And The Grasshopper's Feast" Album. Different vocalists guest on each track, with the Ronnie James Dio one chosen for release as a single !

:headphones: