Best Trilogy

MindCrime

I thought that Chasing Amy was still pretty good, it might have had a 'soft theme' to it, but it was still funny and raunchy, also Jason Lee was da bomb it yo!

Seriously one of the funniest moments of all time was when they staged the murder of Lee at the very beginning

"What the f***s a nubian?"

Hillarious stuff, hillarious stuff.

They pretty much lost me when the guy went ballistic when he found out about "fisty-cuffs". The film coulda easily ended there with either him 1) accepting she won't ever do that with him and drop her like a bad habit or 2) ignore it and keep going with the relationship. I'd probably be prime candidate for the first option :beatnik:

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't mean to bump an old dead thread, but I just realized I never voted. My pick goes to Godfather, with Indiana Jones second. I preferred the first of the set despite just about everyone else regarding the second to be the best. I didn't care much for the 3rd installment; it didn't give in enough to the story or idea behind the whole premise. I was more enthusiastic about the action sequences in Indiana Jones than I was about the actual storyline, but it was still worth the watch.

And his first major film, "Duel" is still a classic (and thriller). "Joy Ride" IMO, is a rip of "Duel."

Here's a little trivia re: Duel. It was a "made for TV" movie taken from a Roal Dahl short story in Playboy magazine. It starred Dennis Weaver who had played Chester on Gunsmoke for several years. What a start for Spielberg, huh? Just a little fiction and fact from Uncle's Almanac.

It looks like a Sergio Leone film, but that one was directed by Clint Eastwood. Before he was "Manco"/"Man With No Name" in Per Un Pugno Di Dollari, Eastwood wasn't that well of a recognized actor. That one and the subsequent sequels made his reputation as a formidable action star. It also gave him enough knowledge on how to direct his own films. So High Plains Drifter along with others like Hang 'Em High and Pale Rider were American-made Spaghetti-style Westerns. I think they're good hommages to his mentor, Leone.