Us and Them

Mike

The point which you have consistently maintained throughout this discussion, B-F, is that abusive authority is wrong; and indeed that point is inarguable and need not be defended. What I find interesting is your steadfast conviction that the moderator is at fault in this case, without any facts being presented by either litigant in the issue.

You should be careful, my friend, someone may surmise that because you suffered from an abusive moderator, the ax you referred to earlier is being ground at a frantic pace, in your own hands.

I sincerely hope you become a moderator at some point, so that then, you will gain from knowledge gathered on both sides of the "us/them" line.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The point which you have consistently maintained throughout this discussion, B-F, is that abusive authority is wrong; and indeed that point is inarguable and need not be defended. What I find interesting is your steadfast conviction that the moderator is at fault in this case, without any facts being presented by either litigant in the issue.

You should be careful, my friend, someone may surmise that because you suffered from an abusive moderator, the ax you referred to earlier is being ground at a frantic pace, in your own hands.

I sincerely hope you become a moderator at some point, so that then, you will gain from knowledge gathered on both sides of the "us/them" line.

Blind Fitter did not suffer from an abusive moderator. Blind Fitter persisted in calling another patron to these boards names. He was warned against this, continued to do this, and was banned for a week. That's it. Period. There ain't no more. But he took (and, it would seem, continues to take) umbrage to being forced to abide by that basic guideline. But no-one got the 'axe'. Cyberdemon got 'axed' because he was blatantly homophobic and promoted violence against gays. Guess what? He's gone. Aunt Acid stated that Katrina didn't do a good enough job at 'flushing away' and then used the incendiary "N" word. He also stated that 'child abuse is funny'. He ain't coming back any more, either. I try to keep silent about these things and make sure that the race-track is cleared so that all the drivers can have fun on the track. But it would seem as though some of the drivers enjoy discord (yes Fitter, I am talking about you, but it is a statement of fact, and not a fabrication nor opinion) and only wish to perpetuate the ill winds that have been blowing for the last couple of days.

Now... I don't really care which bands you like, or which songs you like. (Because we all know that KISS, is the way, the light, and the truth) (kidding). What I DO care about is that there isn't this war going on. If you wish to continue with the name calling, with the petty shots, et. al., do it somewhere else.

Ken.

I don´t think in these terms of "us & them", I don´t label people because some of my friends are us and others are them. I am so used to live in a melting pot.

am i an us or a them? i am confused.

You´re a sweetie and a friend. :bow: :bow:

That is a perfectly valid point, S2V. Thank you for making it. Unfortunately, that seems to be exactly what has happened. I had hoped that my previous experience (of being banned), and any ill-feeling that may have resulted from it, had been laid to rest months ago. I have had absolutely no wish to perpetuate it at all. I thought I had moved on.

In the wake of Martin's ban, which many perceive to be at least a serious error of judgement and at worst an act of abusive authority, my experience has informed my perception of the situation. Contrary to the view of some, maybe, I do have principles, and I felt the need to come to the defence of comrade Martin, one of the pleasantest, friendliest, most helpful and, let's face it, prolific of Songfactors. He is here every day, meeting and greeting new SongFactors and engaging with all of us in a spirit to which we should perhaps all aspire. With hindsight, perhaps, this support for my friend and exemplary SongFactor was ill-advised. I sincerely hope we might get back to where we were, before this stink erupted. I didn't start it, but if I can help to finish it , "Great!"

Blind Fitter persisted in calling another patron to these boards names.

Ken: My perception is/was/and always will be that I DID NOT. There is/was/never has been any evidence that this was the case. It does not even tally with the explanation you gave me at the time for banning me. The only people I have ever "name-called" to my knowledge, (johnnyguitar, daslied, kevin, for example) has been in the context of jocular badinage involving the complicity/approval/understanding (whatever you want to call it) of the other participant, in the same way that many/most regular SongFactors do (including your Moderator colleagues) by way of teasing, one-upmanship, mock aggression, etc.,. There is no cruelty involved. In common with everyone else, I balance out the teases with favourable comments, compliments, virtual love-ins, etc. It's friendly banter, you know? Maybe somebody could back me up on this?

Notwithstanding any mutual antipathy that supposedly exists between us (which I had genuinely hoped was long buried): throughout the last year, including the last few overheated days of beady eyes and raised hackles, have I "name-called" you, or PinkFloyd? I don't think so, but I guess I may be wrong. Admittedly, I have questioned the wisdom and integrity of the act.

In recent months, the closest I have come to "name-calling" in the negative sense, was a rebuke to Namahage, in the wake of an explicitly racist "joke", when I suggested that he is perhaps alot less funny than he thinks he is. A fair point, badly-phrased. Like you, I abhor racism, homophobia and violence. I am essentially a pacifist at heart. From your account, those previous SongFactors may well have deserved to have their hatefully bigoted activities curtailed. Perhaps unknown to you, I have on occasion reported posts I felt were in dubious/unacceptable taste (e.g. "jokes" supporting homophobic violence, racism) to moderators for appropriate action.

I like to think I am essentially an empathic, reasonable and principled man :angel: : as a Social Worker by trade, I try to put these perceived attributes to good use. Please don't condemn me on the basis of the little you (think you) know about me. For my part, I will strive to do you the same favour.

I agree that it's probably time we put this one to bed and got on with the business of enjoying the music; whether it be Kiss, Killing Joke, King Crimson, Ken Boothe or Kylie Minogue.

You know, there's one thing I want to make clear.

I don't get a kick out of "doing something" about another member here or anywhere. I always try to be a peaceful, rational, understanding person.

I've said it before, there are people here I don't care for their behavior, don't know most enough to go beyond their behavior. Maybe they are easily misunderstood, I don't know. Sometimes we make mistakes about peoples intentions in their behaviors. That's what makes us human.

This is over, as far as I am concerned. Matter closed. You can keep it bleeding like an open wound but I don't plan on addressing it further.

Farin and fitter, you are welcome here just like everyone else in my opinion. It's a big place with lots of discussions about music and more.

That's why we are here, not to anagonize one-another, not to raz each other. Let's live and let live. Like I've heard other members exclaim, we are like a family here, I ike that, I can get past this. I'm willing to start over. It's a new day, my hope is that we can move forward.

Martin has contributed greatly to this place, I know you all will agree, I want him to continue.

that. This place means a lot to us all.

A house devided, can't stand.

Great point, bloof. :stars: :P

I've decided to shut up about this for the time being. If I feel like replying to someone else, I'll do that, but I think I've made my take on this clear, and I haven't changed my mind yet. It's not getting us anywhere right now. Trying to argue against a dozen people with a peace-and-love-attitude doesn't seem to be what I'd call a successful venture.

[intro: B-Real]

You know, there are times when, you run out of weed

There's no one you can call

But at last there is one person you can call - Weed Man

[b-Real]

I've had drop dates with no weed to smoke

No roaches, no nothin' when I need to toke

Da**, where can I find some sh** to puff on

da** I need the kye cause it's gettin' tough on me (me)

Cause I'm a lumberjack and tree's

get chopped up and packed up and sold to D

Bolo's are free, did you hold one fee?

Herchers for the herbics no waterin' the seeds

Some of your friends just really see me

cause sussin' this, losin' no GHC

The pigs always wanna PH me, my gush hits harder than some GHB

But some of these swine wanna hit off mine

I just sit back, recline, and never waste time

I'm the lead man, you read man, you need man

Call me and all inhale- "The Weed Man"

[Chorus: Sen Dog]

(Inhale, exhale), Weed Man, Weed Man

(Inhale, exhale), gettin' me HIGH!!

[b-Real]

You can always call me all day, all light

Service with a smile, make you feel all right (yeah!)

From college-heads, co-ex and dreadlocks

lawyers, teachers, doctors buy my stock

So many call on me for what I got

So many try to compete to take my spot

Caked out, how many dimes dropped?

How many times I lost one of my plots?

The competiton was to knock me out

The D.E.A. want to lock me out

Broke in my home tryin' to sock me out

But the true blue stoners never locked me out

I'm easy to find, call me whenever

You need some green and I'll make you feel better

Call me and inhale - "The Weed Man"

[b-Real]

I'm the most well-loved, bringin' the bud

Stickin' the club up, everybody ridin' my ****

What? You say you want credit? You must be high

There's no free rides on my supply

Unless you're one of my friends you need no ends

just sit back and wait for the joint to begin

But if you know someone in need of this weed leaf

You can take my number down and beep me

I'll hook you up if you look me up

Just don't give my number to a rookie huh!

Then I'll cut you off and brush you off

Never trust you and won't dicuss your loss

Call me and inhale - "The Weed Man"

[Outro: B-Real]

There it is m***********s, you run out of weed

Call somebody like me and I'll hook you up

No stems, no seeds and things that you don't need

That's right! I'm the Weed Man

Don't trip I got gush, for a high price ***...