Us and Them

Mike

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there's a three strike system. it wasn't followed. It was a personal decision. It wasn't taken in consultation. I don't know how many rules that breaks. Anyway, there's no ban in sight, is there? We're all back to shiny, happy people, aren't we?

Hippie ideals are all very nice and fine, but there's no point being unrealistic.

It's sad that some think there has to be a "Us and Them" here on SF. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I come to this site to escape the work world for awhile and talk with SFers and see what is going on with their part of the world and with music. This is not directed to anyone specific, but with all the terrible events that are happening in our world every day, can't this site be one where we can share thoughts and opinons and just respect one another?

:bow: SJ :bow:

Radhi: I don't think a mod has ever been banned. I seem to remember a specific rooster reference that was questionable, though, and may have resulted in a warning? It's been a while.

The thing is, the owner of this site (a.k.a our benevolent dictator, Carl :) ) along with advice from mod staff at times, has selected people to be moderators who (for the most part ;) ) follow rules, are generally level-headed and fair. In other words, people not likely to be banned.

Getting back to what I believe may have been the original point of this thread: the "Us & Them", the notion that we are against them just because they have authority we don't have.

Most of us here are adults; even the younger members are, for the most part anyway, wise beyond their years. We all experience in our daily domestic and working lives, different examples of power dynamics. We grow accustomed to them. The fact is that, in the main, people are not resentful of authority itself, but of the abuse of authority. It is this which creates resistance, mistrust and ill-feeling.