Songs with unusual titles

c_s_1987

I have been noticing recently just how many songs I know which have titles that don't have anything to do with the lyrics. These are some:

Firth Of Fifth - Genesis (it's hard to work out what this song is actually about, but it certainly isn't about a water body in Scotland).

Black Dog - Led Zeppelin

Trampled Underfoot - Led Zeppelin

Song 2 - Blur

D.A.F. - Powderfinger (Named after the chord progression)

Can anyone think of more interesting examples?

first one that comes to mind for me is "European Swallow" by Roger Clyne. It's all about a guy in a bar who's being hit on by a woman, and the woman's boyfriend slugs the poor guy in the nose.

Nothing European in there... but I guess if you pushed it you could maybe filter the "swallow" in there somehow...

Haha, most anything by Tool, I'd have to say. Their trippy/metaphorical song titles is what originally drew me into the band:

Ænima

Lateralus

Rosetta Stoned

H.

Stinkfist

Fourty-six & 2

Swamp Song

The Gaping Lotus Experience

Maynard's ****

Die Eier Von Satan

Merkaba

And oh-so many more

I've always needed a dictionary and encyclopedia to figure out what half these things mean every time I get a new Tool Album :crazy:

Edited by Guest

Haha, most anything by Tool, I'd have to say. Their trippy/metaphorical song titles is what originally drew me into the band:

Ænima

Lateralus

Rosetta Stoned

H.

Stinkfist

Fourty-six & 2

Swamp Song

The Gaping Lotus Experience

Maynard's ****

Die Eier Von Satan

Merkaba

And oh-so many more

I've always needed a dictionary and encyclopedia to figure out what half these things mean every time I get a new Tool Album :crazy:

Also:

King Missile - Detachable Penis

Panic! At The Disco - Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off

System Of A Down - U-Fig