White Lion

Mike

I am trying to gather information on White Lion, one of those "big-hair hard rock bands of the 80's" (like Poison and Dokken) and their Pride album (which I have always likes) catapulted them from obscurity to stardom, climbing to number 11 during its year-long stay on the Billboard album chart. It also spawned two US Top 10 hits with "Wait" (number 8, February 1988) and "When The Children Cry" (number 3, November 1988). Does anyone have more information on these two songs? I' would like to suggest them to songfacts if they have any interesting attributes.

I don't really have any information on those two songs. I do remember "Wait" taking a while to chart. I remember seeing the video on MTV for what seemed like forever before the song ever caught on and got radio airplay.

White Lion was a great band. One of my favorites from the 80's.

well, I can tell ya way back when I worked at six flags over texas they came there for a concert. I met them when they came over to ask where a certain ride was. They were dressed to "blend" w/the crowd and were very shy types....Just like most of the musicians who came there they got lost on their way back to the stage....lol