Los Lonely Boys

Elvish

Can't believe the Garza brothers haven't been mentioned yet! They are much more than the "(How Far Is) Heaven" song that's currently burning up top 40 radio. Their self-titled album is great! It's self-described Texican Rock & Roll.

Just saw them live this weekend and they were better than the CD! :rockon:

Check out their website for music clips and their bio: loslonelyboys.org

They're receiving mainstream credibility, I've seen the video for Heaven a few times on the local morning music video channel (61) here in Phoenix, they're pretty popular out here. They're a nice blend of bluesy Tex-Mex rock & worth the listen.

:guitar:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for bumping my post, Johnny. I was considering doing it myself because I think everyone should hear more than "Heaven" from the Los Lonely Boys.

I can see what you mean about Elvin Bishop, but I'm not sure about Sanford Townsend Band. "Smoke From a Distant Fire" is the only song I'm familiar with of theirs and it's got too much horn in it. The "happy" sound is similar to some of their music, though.

To me, their influences are clear in many of their songs: "Crazy Dream" reminds me of SRV (a lot of their guitar work reminds me of his or Santana's) and "More Than Love" reminds me of Richie Valens. It's also obvious they were inspired by Los Lobos.