My own 80's internet radio station. Please give it a try.

JuniorNB

Hello, gang. I posted this on one of the other forums, as well.

If anyone's interested, i have my own internet station.

Here's the link:

http://www.lala.com/frontend/action/whoda dj?userTo...

It is mostly upbeat 80's music, although it's not your common mix you hear on most 80's stations. You will hear a lot of songs you haven't heard in years, and even some great lost songs that you may never have heard at all.

I hope you enjoy it.

Comments/criticizms are welcomed. Enjoy.

I am within inches of becoming a top twelve station on the Lala website. That would mean having my station put on their front radio-page.

If anyone gets a chance to tune in today, it would be greatly appreciated, since listening hours go a long way in determine station rank.

As alway, comments are welcomed.

I'm listening to it as we speak, JNB. I shall do my part to get your station to the top of the heap. I love it so much I'm thinking of posting a link to it on my MySpace page.

Oh, do it, do it!

You are one of my biggest fans! I appreciate it.

Also, have you added any cds to your have-list over at Lala?

I love Flash & The Pan!!! I nominated "Hey St Peter" some Top ten before... :cool:

Your radio is just :bow: :bow: ;)

Thank you for the kind words.

I'm sure a lot of people never even heard that song. I'm finding out the difficulty of programming a station. I'm trying not to program all the familiar stuff that you can hear everyday on any 80's station, but, at the same time, if I get too obscure, people might be inclined to turn it off. It' definitely a balance.

We´ve been listening to your radio station for over an hour now and it´s a very good selection... :thumbsup: My husband has bookmarked it on his computer. I worked non-stop in the music scene during the 80s so it brings lots of memories.

Flash & The Pan are not very well-known, you´re right... funny, it´s Vanda-Young, or Easybeats, they should be more famous...

Or take Jim Carroll... I don´t know if he´s been really popular as a musician.

Edited by Guest

OK, I´ve been listening to 80´s radio for a couple of hours... and my husband was working another two hours with the music on so that makes four... :cool:

Much appreciated, edna.

I've added about a hundred more songs to today's playlist. Tune in, if you get a chance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, Peaches.

Yeah, Lala experienced some technical difficulties and my station would no longer work.

The good news is, I am back up and running. There is an entirely new layout and a lot less programming restrictions for me.

Have a listen and enjoy!

http://www.lala.com/frontend/action/playlist?playlistToken=8489P112

Junior! Yay! I missed you and your station. It pains me to say that my work web filter will not allow me to hear your station. Again, my tiny little heart is broken. But I can't wait to get home and listen to it. :grin:

Your work filter won't let you listen, huh? That may be one of the bad things about the new station format. That really sucks.

Maybe you can give the link to my station to your IT-guy at work. If he likes 80's music, maybe he'll unblock it. ;)

That's the only bad thing about it. I've been digging on that site, by the way. I listed a few of my CDs to trade and some songs I was listening to, but I don't know how to set up my own radio station.

Maybe you can give the link to my station to your IT-guy at work. If he likes 80's music, maybe he'll unblock it. ;)

The IT guys around here don't like anything.