Steve McQueen

johnnyguitar

Prefab Sprout's sui generis '80s pop epic, Steve McQueen is re-released in 2CD Legacy Edition form this week, and to celebrate Mojo and Sony BMG have signed artwork to give away. Digitally remastered by original producer Thomas Dolby, the original album is sounding spruce, while the second disc contains eight acoustic versions, which have been specially re-recorded for this release by Paddy McAloon. Faron Young gets a new ending, When Love Breaks Down a whole new key, and generally it's like an old friend in a new pair of glasses and the opposite of a boob job.

Album fantastico! :)

I wouldn't want anyone here to forget who the first 'real' punks were ... Iggy ? The Ramones ? New York Dolls ? The Pistols ? ... Pshaw ! ... AND this is a great sounding tune regardless of one's affection to nasty words or shock value ! The Stones have done IT ALL ... so let it be written ; so let it be told .

Glad you were all so excited by the news too ;)

I think Prefab Sprout had one US hit...some godawful track off their second album, which mentions Elvis and Alberqueque in the same breath, therefore, bound to be a hit Stateside }:( . 'Steve McQueen' is their one and only true musical legacy...and it's really quite good. :)

No disrespect for your thread nor topic intended last night , Johnny . The wrong planets were in alignment , a couple of pints , mention of Steve McQueen , some Stones on the stereo , were certainly enough to move the devil ( though I blame his minions , Sammy and Peaches, who pride themselves on ruining or bringing down to ' their level ' just about all threads they participate in ) to ' force ' me to post .

Anyway , what in the hell are you talking about ?! :stars: :laughing: