• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down in a Hole ~ Alice in Chains Video

"Down in a hole, feelin' so small

Down in a hole, losin' my soul

I'd like to fly,

But my wings have been so denied"

Path ~ Apocalyptica Audio

I wanted to post a video of this because it's a great one, but both versions on youtube had a terribly low volume...

PS: expected votes: 1 - I dare you to prove me wrong! :P

which of the two is the "German song we all know and love" (is that the right quote?) ? ;) :grin:

I forgot ! It's 99 Luftballons (99 Red Balloons) - Nena.

I said you'd probably know it, but I didn't say you'd love it.

It's a great anti-war song. One side of the single had the original German lyrics and the other had a version in English - (not a literal translation).

O.K. NEXT WEEK IT'S IN. I'LL EXPECT THE GERMAN VOTE. :):):)

2. Take It Easy - The Eagles

I've actually stood on the corner in Winslow, Arizona. Yes, I know, I'm just that cool. Unfortunately, no girl in a flat bed Ford slowed down to take a look at me.

Really it's just a dumpy little town, with a few cheesy gift shops that sell Eagles stuff, and a sign that says "The Corner in Winslow, Arizona" that has objects around it symbolizing that verse and a Don Henley statue, but it was on the drive down from Washington to here, so I thought it would be an interesting little rock and roll stop before we got to the Painted Desert.

I've actually stood on the corner in Winslow, Arizona. Yes, I know, I'm just that cool. Unfortunately, no girl in a flat bed Ford slowed down to take a look at me.

Really it's just a dumpy little town, with a few cheesy gift shops that sell Eagles stuff, and a sign that says "The Corner in Winslow, Arizona" that has objects around it symbolizing that verse and a Don Henley statue, but it was on the drive down from Washington to here, so I thought it would be an interesting little rock and roll stop before we got to the Painted Desert.

I know quite a few people that have done this. For my part, this song and the Eagles themselves being such a huge part of my youth, I'd kill to stand on that dumpy little corner. I'm jealous, TimLizzy!! ;)

I'm going through looking at all the videos of songs that I'm not familiar with, or haven't heard for a while. I hope we get some more Nominations.

I see a lot of people around the Boards who used to participate.

How can we woo them back without being 'pushy' ? It's their choice, of course. (I sent some PTs, but a few just didn't bother answering me).

:P

I've been out of circulation for quite a few days, and now my PC is on the blink (£200 to repair :o }:( ), and I'm going away for a few days so I won't be around to vote...but apart from that, you can count me in. ;)

My nominations are:

"Black Sheep Radical" - Gold Blade

"I Love Rock'n'Roll" - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts

So it turns out she munches rug...who cares?