And the best place to Live is...

Farin

[big]The world’s best cities are still in Switzerland[/big]

3 April 2007: Zurich and Geneva are the best cities in the world as far as quality of live is concerned, says Mercer Consulting in a survey published in April 2007. Vancouver (Canada) is placed third, followed by Vienna (Austria), Auckland (New Zealand), Düsseldorf (Germany) and Frankfurt (Germany). Paris, London and Madrid are in the lower half of the top-50 table. Overall, Baghdad is not surprisingly the lowest ranking city in the survey.

watch the whole article with a list of the Top 50 cities in the world

Madrid before New York? :shades: I love New York, I would live there. Sure, if you are rich life is fine almost everywhere. Madrid was great many years ago but not anymore.

I have friends in Geneva, they say it´s a bit boring...

Where is Buenos Aires?? :P :laughing:

:laughing:

You remember , edna - where all the ' smart ' Nazis went with all their loot to hide out and rebuild the 4th Reich ... :) . It appears a fair number , and their decendents and co- conspirators took the short route to Switzerland , however ... ;) :laughing:

40 years ago you could find more nazis in Argentina and Brezil than anywhere else. In the Patagonia (South fof Argentina) there were even small villages where they spoke German. A friend of my family once met a guy wearing a swastika, she wouldn´t even waste her time reporting that to the police... :P :P

...except for some "wiser" nazis, like the one who was hired by the NASA... :P

Indeed ! :P

Like Warner Van Braun ( and many others involved in gasses , advanced submarines and other 'experiments ' ) ?! V-2 rocket scientists , and by most counts ( considering what others went down for ) ... a war criminal - apparently not !?! Japan pulled the same crap off , in some respects - Unit 731 personnel walked away mainly scott-free - after subjecting Russian/ Chinese prisoners to pressure tests which exploded their bodies , as well as being injected with the Black Death bacteria . :P Really makes you wonder about the definition of ' justice ' or just what constitites a 'crime' ... The U.S has held people at their base in Cuba ( 5+ years now ) for longer , without clearer charges nor access to attorneys , than many of these above mentioned participants ever were !?! This is going to hurt and haunt them in world opinion for at least a generation , IMO .

Warner and company had something that we wanted. Experience with rockets. He, along with the other scientists brought to the US from Germany after WW2 were happy to be here, rather than the USSR, where some of the other German rocket scientists ended up. Now, the Unit 731 crowd, I dont know what happened with them, but they must have had something to offer. Sadly, if you have something that is of possible use, you will be treated differently.

I know what you're saying , Mark - and in the end , it was likely right . It's just a bitter bullet to chew when one knows that some went down for the same crimes ( relatively ) that others were rewarded with mansions in

Houston for ... :P Justice ... Huh ! What is it good for- in a ' bought ' man's eye ?!

Aww! Last time I saw one of these lists, Perth was at #3, and there were 5 Australian cities in the top ten. Oh well, I guess #21 isn't too bad. :P

Darryl should come here and complain about how Brisbane is lower than all the other major Australian cities.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...