Keith Richards snorted his father's ashes

Mike

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disney Worries About Keith Richards' Dad's Ashes Comment

Richards is appearing in the upcoming Disney sequel 'Pirates of The Caribbean: At World's End.'

Keith Richards now says the story about snorting dad's ashes isn't true and more stories!

Rolling Stone Keith Richards' recent comment he snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine has left bosses at family movie studio Disney squirming.

Richards, who has since insisted he was joking, is appearing in the upcoming Disney sequel 'Pirates of The Caribbean: At World's End' and the company's marketing department is worried.

Disney senior vice president Dennis Rice tells British music magazine NME, who broke the original story, "When (a senior Disney publicist) forwarded the (Richards) story to me, I thought 'How are we going to spin this?'"

He adds, "Keith won't be doing a lot of publicity for this movie."

Photo Copyright Getty Images

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

Aww, why not? What did they THINK they were getting, hiring Keith Richards to begin with? Family friendly, G-rated sort of guy that he is....

Hey, hasn't there always been a story that Walt was quick frozen, for possible future thaw (what do they call that again?) ? Now THAT isn't odd at all....

Disney re-released Fantasia for the fourth time in the USA on December 17th. 1969, why? To Capitalize on the drug induced generation, this was the most successful run of the film, in fact, it did not show a profit until the 1969 release. It was largely known as a "trip-film" then, and teens and young-adults were known to flock to the theatre under the influence of Marajuana and LSD to watch it.

I think Keith would have been better suited for the film "The Mummy" than "Pirates of the Caribbean", but then Pirates are known as the walking dead too.

Disney re-released Fantasia for the fourth time in the USA on December 17th. 1969, why? To Capitalize on the drug induced generation, this was the most successful run of the film, in fact, it did not show a profit until the 1969 release. It was largely known as a "trip-film" then, and teens and young-adults were known to flock to the theatre under the influence of Marajuana and LSD to watch it.

Guilty.

This may be a jaded view, but I would not doubt if this story was a plant to drum up publicity. God knows it does not matter if it is good or bad press, it all sells.

Ever notice how some story starts circulating before someone's new album or movie?

I mean, really, Disney knew all about Keith. Who doesn't?

That's exactly what I thought Amy. As much as I love Keith, I understand the business side of it all, and obviously, so does Disney.

We're all talking about it, right? I heard so many people at work the other day discussing Keith Richards. Little old ladies, 18 year old rap fans, etc. I could go another year without ever hearing his name at work again, or at least until another stunt (coconuts? :) ) puts his name back out there. I'd say that's a pretty effectual PR person.

This may be a jaded view, but I would not doubt if this story was a plant to drum up publicity. God knows it does not matter if it is good or bad press, it all sells.

Ever notice how some story starts circulating before someone's new album or movie?

I mean, really, Disney knew all about Keith. Who doesn't?

Pirates of the Caribbean need *additional* publicity?

I figure it one of two ways:

A)Keith's brain farts more than your average burned-out rock legend.

or

B)Keith wants to continue the long standing tradition of "interview me, get a bizarre story"

that many a entertainer has coveted over the decades.

You choose.

Pirates of the Caribbean need *additional* publicity?

I figure it one of two ways:

A)Keith's brain farts more than your average burned-out rock legend.

or

B)Keith wants to continue the long standing tradition of "interview me, get a bizarre story"

that many a entertainer has coveted over the decades.

You choose.

I look at it this way , Pf : if the press can get a coherant quote from Keith that doesn't sound like an inside joke or utter ramblings - they quote it - as though the Lord himself spoke .... intended or not !

Be kind : afterall , for the last 30 years the only truly sensible thing the man has HAD to say was ' Thank you , { insert city } ; love ya ! The next one is ' Happy ' ... ( enter guitars ) ! :)

• 2 weeks later...