The Midnight Special

Definitely worth buying. The hottest artists of the day appeared and performed live. No lip-synching. Jim Croce was a frequent guest and so was The Guess Who, Helen Reddy of course (she was the wife of the show's creator and Producer, Burt Sugarman and eventually became the permanent host), and many, many more.

Check it out here>> THE MIDNIGHT SPECIAL

You may be able to rent the DVD's on Netflix.

I've heard a bit about The Midnight Special and have recently seen it advertised for sale on dvd. Lots of my favourite bands/singers are featured on the dvds and I was wondering if those who have seen the show think it'd be worth buying.

You need to see Bowie on the Midnight Special...you need to...believe me...

• 3 months later...

I've heard a bit about The Midnight Special and have recently seen it advertised for sale on dvd. Lots of my favourite bands/singers are featured on the dvds and I was wondering if those who have seen the show think it'd be worth buying.

YES! Brings back alot of memories from my childhood.

I remember that's the first time I ever saw Prince. He had feathered Farrah Fawcett hair and was wearing a black vest, black leggings with black suede ankle boots(high heels of course)....and a pair of leopard print speedos!