Lucid Dreaming

Lucid Dream

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dream where Oasis taught me to play the piano because their keyboardist quit and they needed a replacement.

I think it was Noel who did the teaching... I learnt in about 15-20 minutes. He was quite nice.

Yes I know they don't have keyboards. :P

It's like a deep, meditative state and very hard to control - and when you do lose control you either fall into deep sleep or you wake up. You are in between a dream state and wakefulness, so the sleep paralysis can feel a bit strange. I've only been able to do it for brief amounts of time - seconds, perhaps? The only things I recall being able to control in my dream was exploring different rooms in a building and jumping from great heights. There was nothing "scary" (not that anything in dreams scare me) and I couldn't form any figures of people no matter how hard I tried to think up of someone ;) So all I was doing was running, jumping, and trying to to pinch/punch myself (I didn't feel anything).

' You ' ( if you consider your brain you ) are in control of all your dreams . Dreams are the brain at rest - not a meditative state - computing all the information that has been put into it recently , or over the years - nothing more .

When you are ' controling ' your dreams , you are not in true R.E.M or deep sleep and ,infact , are , half awake . You may slip back into REM or perhaps , come to - either way , you didn't actually have an 'experience ' as some would say , but manipulated your half-reality with as much conciousness as you had .

Love ,

Popper

' You ' ( if you consider your brain you ) are in control of all your dreams . Dreams are the brain at rest - not a meditative state - computing all the information that has been put into it recently , or over the years - nothing more .

When you are ' controling ' your dreams , you are not in true R.E.M or deep sleep and ,infact , are , half awake . You may slip back into REM or perhaps , come to - either way , you didn't actually have an 'experience ' as some would say , but manipulated your half-reality with as much conciousness as you had .

Love ,

Popper

I didn't say I was in r.e.m. sleep. I said it was in between that and a full wakeful state, which explains the experience of sleep paralysis. I'm basically hallucinating while being paralysed.

Hey Kevin and/or anyone who commented on this subject,

Please tell me more about Lucid dreaming. I've been researching things that use that exact term. "Dreams are the royal road to the unconcious". Dreams are very powerful. And if there is some Synchnocity going on here, I'd like to know about it. How do you achieve it? I had this Email conversation with this guy who worked at Sun Microsystems a couple years ago and he told me about his experiences with a Tryptamine called DPT which is legal and sometimes used with MAO Inhibitors (which are legal too and were in some FDA approved Rx meds in the early 80's, but you have to know the contraindications for those very well - I have a good resource for that). You have to know what your doing with all of these things but I have some leads he left me with and other connections.

This was more like waking state dreaming, but he assured me this experience wasn't at all like the stuff a lot of us burned brain cells in the 70's for recreation when we were kids.

There are communities out there on the web and that's what I meant by alternatives to health care. That and vegan and macrobiotic diets and all this specialty stuff my cousin cooks (He's a chef in Newport, RI and it's part of some good holistic alternatives. Some of these communities have Drs. and brain researchers that dropped out of the system in them. And these are legal - I'd like not to get a criminal record because I like to work. There are similar things that are only legal in South America, but I can't fund this at present. I am intriged because I'm getting closer to being prepared.

I rarely remember my dreams lately and I won't ramble on with all the research I've done lately, so please tell me more if you can, anyone.

Thanks,

-fp

Edited by Guest

Ok,

I just read the whole topic and it doesn't relate to what I mentioned it seems. Any comments are still welcome of course. I will say that I couldn't relate to the lyrics, but I'm always curious.

I'll give you a lyric from someone that I can relate to in certain ways. His comment on the song was that it isn't romantic at all (as it was sometimes mistaken for) I'll take the advice of the song, so this may not mean much unless you know somethings about him. My cousin recently catered a private party for Mr. Sting a couple months ago and he was playing a lot of jazz stuff. I keep being left out of the fun lately. We both are repressing some things right now, but that's nothing special. The song is about needing to repress emotion to retain one's sanity. It's not about talking, it's unconcious. Someone said I didn't mince words - I usually don't, It's not in my nature, but web posts are public knowledge, so I will now.

See if this means anything. It's well written if nothing else, I think. He's clever at bluring some of the symbolic words, if that helps.

Sting -

Be Still My Beating Heart

Be still my beating heart

It would be better to be cool

It's not time to be open just yet

A lesson once learned is so hard to forget

Or I'll be taken for a fool

It's not healthy to run at this pace

The blood runs so red to my face

I've been to every single book I know

To soothe the thoughts that plague me so

I sink like a stone that's been thrown in the ocean My logic has drowned in a sea of emotion

Stop before you start

Restore my broken dreams

Shattered like a falling glass

I'm not ready to be broken just yet

A lesson once learned is so hard to forget

You must learn to stand your ground

It's not healthy to run at this pace

The blood runs so red to my face

I've been to every single book I know

To soothe the thoughts that plague me so

Stop before you start

Never to be wrong

Never to make promises that break

It's like singing in the wind

Or writing on the surface of a lake

And I wriggle like a fish caught on dry land

And I struggle to avoid any help at hand

I sink like a stone that's been thrown in the ocean My logic has drowned in a sea of emotion

Stop before you start

Ambien, eh. Thanks for sharing that. Sounds like an alternative to a benzodiazapine. They both can cause memory loss. I've never lost memory from anything. My memory seems to get better with age. I think I'd need to be hit with a sledgehammer to lose memory.

Sounds fairly mild. I hope it works for you.

Good Night and Good Luck

-fp

:laughing: Geez , he filled out his whole bio-form , too, in that time ! Crazy Irishman !

I've been here nearly 3 years and haven't accomplished as much ... :laughing: ( Though my ' work ' being highly classified can't be disclosed to you simple cattle , you understand ... ) ;)

Thank you. i like being complimented on my typing. I don't know exactly how fast. Keep this in mind. I've written software since 1984, so I am a fairly good typist because I've typed a lot. Also, these machines condition people to experience a lot of text as unusual. I've written code for this stuff and done usuability tests, so I do know that. I'm actually typing fairly slowly. It relaxes me to indulge in forums when I need a break from things or am indecisive. And I clarify ideas and type the same things a lot. If you have any new material, I could use some. lol. Some people draw strange inferences about my mood or what I'm thinking from typed text. This perplexes me, but it happens sometimes. Thank you for not doing that.

I do try to retain some literacy because it's so easy to rely on spell checkers, etc.. and I try to be careful about that. They can be insidious in that way.

Regards,

-Frank

Good guess on the Irish part. Actually, I'm UK on my mothers side. Russian, Georgian of my fathers side. I'm guessing it was Patrovsky and some INS lackey said "patrovsky? What kind of name is that for an American. From now on your Patrick. Got it? I don't feel very Irish - the thought of alcohol makes me ill.

Oh, about the 'classified' information. I have submitted a FOIA request before typing this message. It's routine - I'm sure you get them all the time.

Regards,

Fyordor

Ok. I'm gonna go with the CIA. I'm tired of the DHS - all their jokes are old. By the way, how is the French Foreign Legion doing in Japan lately? I work for my cousin now and do some other stuff, but it's off and on, so could you get a job at one of those agencies you never worked at. I could use a change of scenery. I can type fast, if you need that. And with a good editor, I could crank out acceptable propaganda.

You pick which one suits me or not.

Thanks Comrade.

Edited by Guest