Guns n Roses

I saw the "Behind the Music" on GnR last night. It was your basic Axl is an a**hole, Slash was a drunk kind of thing. But what really upset me was Steven Adler, the original drummer. They showed him talking about the early days of the band, and I thought "He looks rough...too much hard living." Then they talked about kicking him out of the band because he was partying too hard and couldn't get it together to record "Use Your Illusion". He suffered "a cocaine-induced stroke". He said "The people I thought were my friends left me, and I had nothing. I tried everything I could to kill myself." I really felt sorry for him. I know drugs are bad and he brought it on himself, but he was just so sad and pitiful. :(

I think if you are familiar with them, no new ground is broken.

I'm pretty familiar with their story, but it would still be interesting to see on TV, especially VH1, since they haven't played anything worth a crap in I don't know how long. Did they cover the early 80's era, when Axl made his way to L.A.?

You know when peeps reply with something along the lines... "I know someone close to me that went through drugs and believe me, it's no easy task... blah, blah, blah..." and they tell it like they have a doctorate in that field?? They more than likely do have a plaque but it's up in an outhouse wall with the quote, "I LOVE the smell of an outhouse" or something like that ::. I am not the former nor the latter.

I do know someone very close that's hooked on drugs and believe me, helping them strains a lot out of you. A person hooked on drugs is in the same frame of mind as someone who's ego-tripping... can't get through to them.

Of course, once they come down and lean off the drugs they become more alert to the surroundings AND wonder of the wheres and whys... where is my friends? why did they leave me? etc.

I wasn't there and I have no idea what happened with G'n'R but all those guys were close friends at one time and I'm sure they just didn't leave him out to dry just like that. You can bet that they've tried... and tried...

Ant

Did they cover the early 80's era, when Axl made his way to L.A.?

No, they really skimmed over the early years. I actually think if it was done right they could have made it a 2 hour show. They barely even mentioned Duff and Izzy. I forgot they interviewed Gilby whats-his-name that replaced Izzy. Damn it, I miss GnR!

:rockon: