Howard Bellamy (Bellamy Brothers)

Shawna

After 40-some years in the industry, the Bellamy Brothers are still going strong.

I remember going to a Bellamy Brothers concert when I was around 20 or so, when the only song of theirs I knew was "Let Your Love Flow." That concert introduced me to their distinct style and mad sense of humor. They write some of the most hysterical lyrics in all of country music... very dry - right up my alley.

Naturally the next day I had to run out and snatch up all of their albums (this was in the days of vinyl), and I listened to them non-stop all the way through. I discovered many, many treasures in that collection...

Which was why lo these many years later I still grin when I think of the Bellamy Brothers.

Howard Bellamy spent some time talking to Songfacts recently. What a life those guys have had! Alligators on the front porch, fishing in a stream Huckleberry Finn style, making their way to L.A. to carve their niche in the music industry, traveling the world over, and finding their way back to where they grew up in Florida where they now have a working cattle ranch, and still making music and performing like they were several decades ago.

Here are the links to the Songfacts for the Bellamy Brothers:

You Ain't Just Whistlin' Dixie

If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body Would You Hold It Against Me

Let Your Love Flow

Old Hippie