Batman

I saw it today and I give it a 3. It's SO overdone. WHY is everything in slow-motion? Here come the horses - g..a..l..l..o..p, g..a..l..l..o..p. And this person looks at the wolf, and the wolf looks at this person and this person looks at the wolf and the wolf looks at this person, and this person... takes a step back... and looks at the wolf and the wolf looks at this person and... :sleepy:

The 'fights'... after a while, that amount of blood and gore just becomes comical. The entire movie looks to me like a graphic artist's dream. I could just imagine the graphic designers discussing the angle and rotation of the head of a man as it flies up into the air after he is decapitated complete with visuals of major blood vessels in the neck. They must have had fun! I bet they have Playstations.

The movie makers must have thought Greek history was much too boring and decided to add some melodrama and violins and that slow motion aspect I mentioned just to spice it up. I got quite bored. And as soon as I saw him I knew they'd kill that fellow with the nice hair. :/

This movie likely 'looks' pretty good - with CGI and whatever else it probably does . If you are a student of the classics - you'll hopefully keep it in perspective : a Hollywood mogul who thinks he can dish out history on your ignorant ass ( but you DO like those leading men looking tough and ruthless , somehow ) - en guarde !

Well, if you go expecting a good movie, it's gonna suck. And it's not a history movie, there's a freaking goat playing a gehu (japanese cello), and Xerxes is 10 feet tall or so. It's terrible when looked at through a critical perspective, but it's so incredibly badass...it just makes you feel manly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw it today and I give it a 3. It's SO overdone. WHY is everything in slow-motion? Here come the horses - g..a..l..l..o..p, g..a..l..l..o..p. And this person looks at the wolf, and the wolf looks at this person and this person looks at the wolf and the wolf looks at this person, and this person... takes a step back... and looks at the wolf and the wolf looks at this person and... :sleepy:

The 'fights'... after a while, that amount of blood and gore just becomes comical. The entire movie looks to me like a graphic artist's dream. I could just imagine the graphic designers discussing the angle and rotation of the head of a man as it flies up into the air after he is decapitated complete with visuals of major blood vessels in the neck. They must have had fun! I bet they have Playstations.

The movie makers must have thought Greek history was much too boring and decided to add some melodrama and violins and that slow motion aspect I mentioned just to spice it up. I got quite bored. And as soon as I saw him I knew they'd kill that fellow with the nice hair. :/

I'd completely disagree with you. But I am one for violent movies, hence 300, Sin City and Reservoir Dogs being some of my fave movies. Not that those movies were jsut good because of violence, but because they had incredible storylines.

I loved the way the movie looked, it was incredibly artistic, it looked so real, like a living painting. Even the sex scene was very artistic, and with the naked female god dancing, I thought that those two scenes were very beautiful.

And as for the battle scenes, I thought that they were amazing. I loved all the slowing-down bits, and the whole gore thing, it was a good laugh. I'd give it 10/10.