Sign in to follow this  
usernameddr

You Showed Me - The Turtles

Heres a big shot in the dark but you guys seem to be pretty good at this stuff. It's definitely a 60's song. It's kinda slow, downbeat and sad. I heard it a few times and it definitely sounds like a 'known' song and it is not abstract. Kinda sounds like The Zombies. All I can remember is it saying you as the first word in the chorus but even that could be misheard. I did a search and it is not You've Really Got a Hold On Me. I know the rhythm of the chorus but I don't know how to describe it. And ideas?

Edited by Guest
solved :)

username (I love that by the way), can you give us anything else to go on? I'm assuming that it is by a band/group, if it "sounds like the Zombies". Correct? Is it a male singer? Anything else? There are several of us (including me) old enough to give 60's songs a run for the money.

I'm truly impressed. I visit this site on an infrequent basis and am often amazed at the knowledge of the particpants. You guys nailed that one with next to nothing to go on. Good job!!!

Heres a big shot in the dark but you guys seem to be pretty good at this stuff. It's definitely a 60's song. It's kinda slow, downbeat and sad. I heard it a few times and it definitely sounds like a 'known' song and it is not abstract. Kinda sounds like The Zombies. All I can remember is it saying you as the first word in the chorus but even that could be misheard. I did a search and it is not You've Really Got a Hold On Me. I know the rhythm of the chorus but I don't know how to describe it. And ideas?

Could it be "You Showed Me"?...by the Turtles?

How the fu.....oh, never mind. :bow: :bow:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :bow: :bow: :bow: