You Showed Me - The Turtles

usernameddr

Heres a big shot in the dark but you guys seem to be pretty good at this stuff. It's definitely a 60's song. It's kinda slow, downbeat and sad. I heard it a few times and it definitely sounds like a 'known' song and it is not abstract. Kinda sounds like The Zombies. All I can remember is it saying you as the first word in the chorus but even that could be misheard. I did a search and it is not You've Really Got a Hold On Me. I know the rhythm of the chorus but I don't know how to describe it. And ideas?

Edited by Guest
solved :)

username (I love that by the way), can you give us anything else to go on? I'm assuming that it is by a band/group, if it "sounds like the Zombies". Correct? Is it a male singer? Anything else? There are several of us (including me) old enough to give 60's songs a run for the money.

Heres a big shot in the dark but you guys seem to be pretty good at this stuff. It's definitely a 60's song. It's kinda slow, downbeat and sad. I heard it a few times and it definitely sounds like a 'known' song and it is not abstract. Kinda sounds like The Zombies. All I can remember is it saying you as the first word in the chorus but even that could be misheard. I did a search and it is not You've Really Got a Hold On Me. I know the rhythm of the chorus but I don't know how to describe it. And ideas?

Could it be "You Showed Me"?...by the Turtles?

How the fu.....oh, never mind. :bow: :bow:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :bow: :bow: :bow: