Realitys.

Blue Fish

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in America, this would be quite the wrong thing to say from one heterosexual male to another.

Hmmmm...hadn't thought of that. :blush:

Over here, it's a chant from the football terraces; a throwback to the 1970s when football fan violence was rife. You'd get thousands of blokes chanting it to the opposing fans; their way of saying "You want a fight? You're on! Let's riot!"

Come and have a go, if you think you're hard enough!

Over here, it's a chant from the football terraces; a throwback to the 1970s when football fan violence was rife. You'd get thousands of blokes chanting it to the opposing fans; their way of saying "You want a fight? You're on! Let's riot!"

...usually followed by "you're goin' home in a f**kin' ambulance..."

sigh...happy days......

Edited by Guest

I used to watch the mighty Leeds when I first moved from sleepy Suffolk to the seething metropolis that is West Yorkshire. At the time my eldest sister was going out with a 'service crew' chappie. Oh the laughs we would have as he and his mates would sharpen 50p pieces and fit that extra blade and matchstick in the Stanley knife in the back room of the 'Speak' before a match... needless to say I found the whole performance detracted from the otherwise beautiful game... We never had any of that at Ipswich!

That sounds a bit heavy duty. I was never into the hooliganism. I did once get forcibly ejected from Doncaster Rovers ground after running on the pitch to celebrate a late equaliser against Barnsley. Being young and naive, and having watched a fair bit of Match Of The Day, I kind of assumed I wouldn't be the only person to go for it. Embarrassing. My mum and dad were in the stands as well, but never mentioned whether or not they'd noticed their 11 year old boy being wrestled to the turf by a burly copper. So I assume they didn't.

The whole hooliganism thing used to scare me too. It was the bad old days, and I found myself attached to that crowd as an anxious spectator as opposed to a 'soldier'. At the tender age of 16 it did hold a certain novelty, but I grew up where others didn't... I bumped into the ex-boyfiend a few years ago. Suprise, suprise he did a stretch in Armley pleasure for a couple of years - he now supplies gaming machines to pubs and clubs...