Why does everyone like the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Foolonthehill

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

All of their songs sound the same. Some stupid little guitar thing, a weak verse of vocals and a bad chorus. As a 14 year-old, I am disgusted with the apparent choice of music of 'my generation'.

They performed in white suits and lightbulbs on their heads at one point, so you must respect them for that!!. Alot of their songs sound different. They're one of the best bands around at the moment, so I hope you don't go and listen to most modern music, or you might have a heart attack because it's so bad!!.

Yes, the drums are basic, and so is the guitar. I think that John's original, but that doesn't mean he's good really. I don't mean to sound cocky, but I can do better solo's than that. but the thing is, he has millions of fans out there because he's in a band that has gone places and is, because they gel well together. And I don't think that Anthony is a weak singer, not all their lyrics make sense, but that doesn't really matter. They have alot of fun songs, but they have some slow songs too ya know.

And Flea, wow, he's amazing, the best bit of the band. He's one of the best bassists ever, you can't deny that!!.

(shaking head)

See, that's the problem with the younger generation..they think it's THEIR generation.

Hell, their newer stuff is nowhere NEAR as great as their early stuff when Hillel Slovak was lead guitarist in the days of "Freaky Styley" or "the Uplift Mofo Party Plan". Back in those days they relied more heavily on Flea's talent and Anthony's voice was a lot more gutteral. If you ever hear "Catholic School Girls Rule", you'll know what I mean. And listen to their "Higher Ground" cover from some of John's early days witht he band..that track KICKS ASS PERIOD.

After "Blood Sugar.." they sobered up and turned to a more pop influence (changing with the times, you gotta respect a band that can do that and survive). But make no mistake that they are still riding the fame of their earlier years.

Edited by Guest
I forgot something...

(shaking head)

See, that's the problem with the younger generation..they think it's THEIR generation.

Hell, their newer stuff is nowhere NEAR as great as their early stuff when Hillel Slovak was lead guitarist in the days of "Freaky Styley" or "the Uplift Mofo Party Plan". Back in those days they relied more heavily on Flea's talent and Anthony's voice was a lot more gutteral. If you ever hear "Catholic School Girls Rule", you'll know what I mean. And listen to their "Higher Ground" cover from some of John's early days witht he band..that track KICKS ASS PERIOD.

After "Blood Sugar.." they sobered up and turned to a more pop influence (changing with the times, you gotta respect a band that can do that and survive). But make no mistake that they are still riding the fame of their earlier years.

And there's nothing wrong with them doing that. And I do like their earlier stuff too.