Why does everyone like the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Foolonthehill

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think that there pretty good. I dissagree with them sounding the same and i do agree with

c_s_1987-- "Also, suggesting that "all of their songs sound the same" seems a little off when you compare them with modern punk and emo bands, or most mainstream rap or pop artists."

Soo True

AHHHH!!!! i hate RHCP! i think they are a sad and pathetic group of musicians that got REALLY REALLY lucky..... and they discovered the wonders of computer technology. all their guitar riffs sound the same in every song they have ever released. the singer....well he cant sing. i think the only good thing, well relatively good thing about this "band" is the bass. i think flea is the only one that knows wut he is doing.... but that is just my opinion.....

I liked the first couple of Pepper's albums, but I have not bought a RHCP disk since BSSM. They have not really done anything for me since then. I know I am not the only one who thinks Dani California is a total rip off of Petty's "Last Dance With Mary Jane."

They could be listening to a rock band that's about 20 years old, with a great bassist, guitarist, drummer, singer... or they could listen to rap, carried by rythm, a machine that makes beats, and a really annoying guy that only says "Yeeaaahhghh!" or "Oooccckkkkaay!"

if you think that's anywhere near an adequate summary of what modern music has to offer, you're terribly mistaken.

i love the who. and oasis. i almost was killed once while i was listening to won't get fooled again.... my dad was trying to show me something he did once when he was my age with a car while listening to the song...and inturn almost killed us both......not like you care...just thought i would tell my little story. :)

awww foolonthehill, did you realise that there are two chili peppers songs in the weekly top 10- snow & dani california?

Well I like RHCP, their music is good for driving to and it doesn't really bother me that other people like you don't like it or think it is unimaginative. For the record I think their older stuff is a whole lot better than anything they have released in their latest album.

It is a shame that so many of the 'young' generation that i guess you'd class us both in don't expand their music listening much further than what's in the top 40 countdowns but when i was 7 or 8 just about everyone was in love with the SpiceGirls, The Backstreet Boys and Hanson so you've got to admit that RHCP is at least an improvement.

well, with illegal downloading, the top 40 countdowns are no longer an accurate indicator of what's popular. I mean, one of the top selling CDs last year was "Hannah Montana" but I'm going to guess it wasn't one of the most listened to albums last year.