• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" Amos Moses " - Jerry Reed

I love this song, Kev! I still have the 45 for it :grin:

the sheriff got wind that Amos

was in the swamp trappin' alligator skin

so he snuck in the swamp - gonna get the boy

but he never come out again...

welllll I wonder where the Louisiana sheriff went to...

you can sure get lost in a Louisiana bayou...

-----------------------------------

what's our deadline on nominations? I can't think of anything right now! I'm still recovering from daiquiris over the weekend! :grin:

You'll Never Find - Lou Rawls ( Lou Is Smoooth)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2Sqts6YrPs

I'm sure there is a easier way to upload videos from YouTube :help:. I'll take suggestions.

Click on the thrid case from the left in the first bar (if you just click it says "URL link") Then paste the youtube link in the box where it´s said http//... Then you get another box with "link": write the title and artist there. Click on "OK". Et voilà! :)

^ thanks for explaining, edna :bow:

what's our deadline on nominations? I can't think of anything right now! I'm still recovering from daiquiris over the weekend! :grin:

the deadline - as always - is wednesday (morning 9 or 10 AM for your timezone :) )

Very quiet that Bunnymen clip. Didn't have opportunity to actually listen to it before posting the link to it.

Here's a link to the same song being performed on Top Of The Pops: picture quality is poorer , but sound is at least audible...

"The Cutter" - E&TB on TOTP

OOPS!!!! Chris and Laurie have kindly pointed out my grey moment. I guess I didn't check the list of previous top 10 winners closely enough. Accordingly, I would like to change my Oh Girl nomination to You're Only Lonely by J.D. Souther. I doubt very much that many of you will know this song, but it is a very pretty ballad by Glen Frey's former songwriting partner. I'm afraid I could not find a video of it on You Tube.

Accordingly, I would like to change my Oh Girl nomination to You're Only Lonely by J.D. Souther. I doubt very much that many of you will know this song, but it is a very pretty ballad by Glen Frey's former songwriting partner. I'm afraid I could not find a video of it on You Tube.

It´s one of my favorite songs and it sure will get my vote!! :thumbsup:

No, it isn´t on youtube... I tried to nominate many times before but I also thought not many people woud know it, and no video, so... ;)

Yes, it might make my Ten. He used to hang around with some of the Eagles. First time I heard the song I wasn't sure if it was a woman with a deep voice, until I found out the J.D. stood for John David.

I couldn't 'aquire' it from my usual source to post a sound only link. Where's bluesboy ? He can always find them !

:)