Ask the opposite sex

Uncle Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for the boys. Why some men love to fight? I was reading Digg´s and BF´s posts on another thread and they were talking about teams and chants... and fights. It´s strange that civilised people still want to have a "good fight"...

I feel like having a question:

So male and female brains are wired differently.

What I hear is:

When a woman has a fight with her partner she becomes all emotional 'Oh no... what a terrible fight, I said some really nasty things in there, I hope he isnt too mad at me, oh no he's mad at me look at his face, I'll have to make it up to him, I wonder what he's thinking, whose fault was it,...etc'

On the other hand, Men tend to be more 'Okay...there was a fight. Okay... dinner time. I wonder if I'll be able to catch that ball game tonight, Oh and the car needs to be waxed, I want a hammock.'

How far is all this true?

c-girl, I used to wonder stuff like that all the time. Before I decided I didn't care. If he doesn't have the cojones to do the asking, he's not worth going out with.

Then I read the book "He's Just Not That Into You," and decided the guy that wrote it is a jerk. But I agree with him that the guy should do the asking. I'm a lot older than you, though. :crazy:

Radhi - I think your summation is dead on. Once, many moons ago, when I was in a serious fight with my boyfriend, he could NOT understand why I was still so upset three days later about what he had done. I couldn't understand how he could be acting like nothing happened. So we took the issue to a psychologist who drew a diagram and explained it something like this: women tend to do more of a slow emotional burn and take a while coming out of it. Men flare up quickly and it dies down just as quickly, and then forget about it, or just ignore whatever happened.

Kind of like sex. :grin:

Radhi, I totally agree with your statement. Thanks for the extra info, Marc! ;) And Shawna explains it all... good.

I still think nothing will change the fact that sharing life is complicated.

Shannon, I think it doesn´t matter who asks out first... ;)

I feel like having a question:

So male and female brains are wired differently.

What I hear is:

When a woman has a fight with her partner she becomes all emotional 'Oh no... what a terrible fight, I said some really nasty things in there, I hope he isnt too mad at me, oh no he's mad at me look at his face, I'll have to make it up to him, I wonder what he's thinking, whose fault was it,...etc'

On the other hand, Men tend to be more 'Okay...there was a fight. Okay... dinner time. I wonder if I'll be able to catch that ball game tonight, Oh and the car needs to be waxed, I want a hammock.'

How far is all this true?

Mr. Peaches and I are usually the not-stereotypically-norm-1% in all relationship matters. I'm the one who is ready to move on after a fight (which we rarely have anyway) and he's the one to yammer on and on about it. So generally Radhi, that is correct, but for the Peach household, no.

Ok this is serious. How can a girl get a guy to ask her out again? Would a guy want to be asked out by the girl if he did the asking first?

I say ask him out. If he did the asking first, he's obviously interested. Did you go out once and he hasn't asked you out again? Or did you turn him down the first time? I think rules and manipulation and who should do what first is horse manure. Direct and honest is the way to go, in dating and in life.