Ask the opposite sex

Uncle Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloof, why would you think no one would show up to act in a play? Post some flyers around about auditions. That's typically all it takes to get the actors' blood going - and they'll be there. If they're not interested in acting in your play, you don't want them there anyway.

Yes. That is a good idea. I should lie. That way, although I'd ruin my hard-earned reputation as someone who always tells the truth and no one will trust me or want to talk to me again or ask my opinions ever again I'll have a cast. Then, when they find out I lied they can bugger off after the first half and leave me looking like a total egeit as a director and this would smudge my reputaion a lot and it would haunt me in cruel taunts for the rest of my life until I could take the shame no more and shoot myself. Yeah! I'll lie about it! :D:P

Bloof, why would you think no one would show up to act in a play? Post some flyers around about auditions. That's typically all it takes to get the actors' blood going - and they'll be there. If they're not interested in acting in your play, you don't want them there anyway.

:doh: the simplisity of the humble flyer...how can I have missed you? Thanks Shawna! :)

Why I'm reminded of this joke I don't know:

The Lone Ranger and Tonto went camping in the desert. After they got their tent all set up, both men fell sound asleep.

Some hours later Tonto wakes the Lone Ranger and says, "Kemo Sabe, look toward sky. What do you see?"

The Lone Ranger replies, "I see millions of stars."

"What's that tell you?" asked Tonto.

The Lone Ranger ponders for a minute than says, "Astronomically, it tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three in the morning. Theologically, the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What's it tell you, Tonto?"

"It tells me You dumber than s**t. Someone stole our tent."

i got this on a birthday card last week but it was a cartoon of sherlock holmes and watson - very funny! :laughing:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll explain why I asked that question...

My sister (who is 1 year older than me) has short hair. Very short. And she was talking about getting hair extensions so she could have long hair again for a while.

My hair is long. And with me sitting right there, my brother-in-law said, "Middle aged women look ridiculous with long hair."

I flipped him a middle finger semaphore.

:grin:

Of course you do edna!! ;)

Shawna has pretty hair. Until 2 years ago my hair was middle-of-the-back long. I cut it, thinking maybe it was too long for my age. Now I cut it a couple times a year to shape it, then let it grow out long in between. I kind of wish I'd left it alone. :P