Ask the opposite sex

Uncle Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys: I just started dating this really great guy, and he's already got a birthday coming up... of course I want to get him a gift, and since this is so new I don't want to get him something too expensive that scares him, or something too cheesy, either.

Here's the question: What's the appropriate amount to spend in a situation like this that wouldn't send you guys running for the hills due to the "serious" amount?

This Question or an earlier one ?! I thought we were stupidly answering ( but not entirely ) it ...

Surprise that special guy of yours with a beating upside upside the head with a shovel 'till he begs for mercy or goes out as cold as a lightbulb, while you explain all the while that you wanna move ' back to Tennessee , to see yer kin ' - ( may or may not be a lie ) . That way , at least , he can at least try and picture what the next 40+ years with you may be like . :)

If he puts up with all that crap ; he's either a keeper , a sponge ( still good - for you ) , or you've hit him too hard and he's out of his mind , now ! :laughing:

The cost is not so important as the creativity and thoughtfulness put into the present. In fact, a small amount of money for a creative gift is what I enjoy the most.

perfect, Ron. Thank you - this is the input I was looking for.

Kevin, I'll save the shovel for you. :grin:

Ok guys, why is it that when you ask your woman what is wrong, bothering you, and she tells you and.....

A- you have no repsonse

B- get mad

C- give your advice that makes no sense or..

D- you give us a hug and walk away

I would love to understand the inner workings on this, please.

A. Because her problem is probably petty and selfish

B. Because she probably just accused him of sleeping around, without any proof or probable cause.

C. Because guys can only give advice that makes no sense.

D. Because there's probably a game starting soon.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester:

I think it's mostly that women just need someone to listen to their problems, not necessarily to solve them. Men like to solve problems, not commiserate. If you tell a man your problem, he will give you a solution. You don't want a solution, so you get angry....and so on

But Joe is right, too. I tend to worry and obsess about things my husband just shrugs off. Sometimes I wish I could be as calm as him.

I can talk to the men in my life about music, sex, world problems, just about anything but when it comes to something about me or them or us, they only want the highlights, not the whole problem. And then if you tell a friend what is on your mind and he finds out that you didn't tell him, he gets hurt or upset. Drives me crazy!!! =:P

I think it's mostly that women just need someone to listen to their problems, not necessarily to solve them. Men like to solve problems, not commiserate. If you tell a man your problem, he will give you a solution. You don't want a solution, so you get angry....and so on

But Joe is right, too. I tend to worry and obsess about things my husband just shrugs off. Sometimes I wish I could be as calm as him.

Now Jenny just hit the nail on the head, I think. Men need to solve things. Women just need a listener.