Ask the opposite sex

Uncle Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. Ross annoys me too. Who's Blossom ???:)

I forgot to add 'Ally McBeal' in my whydochickswatchthis question. Although I must say that Calista Flockhart is excellent in the new-to-Australia show, "Brothers And Sisters". I didn't know she could really act !

wow... I always loved "Friends." "Ally McBeal" too. I watched "Sex And The City" all five seasons in about a week when a friend loaned me the DVDs. I really enjoyed it!

But I will say that in each of these shows, there is one character that I really identified with. With "Friends" it was Rachel. With "Ally McBeal" it was Ally. And with "Sex" it was Carrie or Miranda. So maybe that's the kick. Those characters took all my many foibles and made them funny.

Mmmm. Maybe I shouldn't have put Ally McBeal in. I'll withdraw that Show. It didn't really annoy me like the other two did.

Believe it or not, the ladies (??) in Sex And The City were just too amoral for me. Too predatory.

And in Friends, it seemed like a competition as to who could overact the most.

:laughing:

I never got that from "Friends" really... I loved all the characters from Day One. Ross did start to annoy me after a while, but he's the only one.

With Sex And The City - you're right, they all had very loose morals! When I say I identified with the characters, it was NOT on that level! :grin: It is more like how they acted out what they were feeling and how they dealt with stuff... plus on one level I'm sure there was a part of me that wishes I could behave that badly! :grin:

Friends was funny...yes, Joey and Phoebe could be annoying, but it was funny. Ross could be annoying, though.

I hardly watch any TV, chick shows or otherwise, and I don't have HBO, so I missed out on Ally and Sex in The City. Someday, I might rent DVDs, pop a tub of popcorn and catch up on all these shows I missed.

Question for the men: Whats the first thing you see when you look at a woman? Hair, eyes, lips...those sorta things?

How close? How far away? What is the setting (the beach, church, restaurant, business, social, etc.)? Old aquaintence, first time meeting? Need some parameters here. Generally when introduced for the first time to a friend of a friend, I will look them in the eyes and then at their smile (or lack thereof.) If a long range casual glance at a stranger on the street, I note the hair and then the body.