Ask the opposite sex

Uncle Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you don't have an odd shape :laughing: but then again. I can't wear womens pants. I always buy mens always have, even when I was a kid. Slacks I refuse to wear at all. If I can't wear jeans or a dress to where I have to go, then I just won't go.

I have found quality to be the biggest problem when buying clothes online. Thats why I rarely do it.

I think I tried it twice and sent it back both times. Catalogs are even worse. I'n a store, you see what your buying,, buying online or from Catalog's, you get to many nasty surprises :crazy:

Ha, no it's not really an odd shape, but it's tricky enough to figure out your size in a regular store, I can't imagine doing it online. Depending on what's being sold I'm anything from an 8 to a 12. 8 probably fits right but might be too short, 12 is likely to be looser but the right length.

But jeans/trousers I NEVER buy a) online B) second-hand. There aren't many that get the fit right. Levis do, obvs.

Okay, so I went shopping looking for a zip up fleece hooded sweatshirt...I lost my favorite one last summer...I saw one I liked, but when I got home I didn't like it as much as when I saw it in the store....is this just a girl thing?...or do you guys do that too?....then I asked hubby if he liked it, and he doesn't say yes or no, he just asks, "what color is that?, is that like an aqua or turquoise?"....and then I"m like "that's it, I'm taking it back, you don't like it"...lol and he says "why, it's fine"....lol...I took it back and exchanged it...

Check it in the store to make sure there are no holes or rips, bring it home, put it on, wear it with no real concern about how it looks, enjoy it. That's how to shop for clothes.

• 2 weeks later...

It's usually best to try it on the store since sizes may vary from brand to brand. A size 9 1/2 tennis shoe will fit as well as a 8 1/2 formal shoe and a 9 1/2 steel toed shoe (steel toed shoes are one size bigger than normal).

I buy in bulk. If I like a particular style of shirt, pants, shoes, belts, etc., I will buy a whole set of them in different colours. My closet is stuffed with shirts, pants, and shoes with their sales tags still on! =:P

• 9 months later...

can someone please explain to me why men think women should be able to separate emotions from business.

I know business is business. I get that. But I also know that my business is my baby, and I do a good job, and it represents me, and I want to do a good job and make my clients happy. Therefore, there will be emotion attached, even if I didn't want it.

• 6 months later...

can someone please explain to me why men think women should be able to separate emotions from business.

I know business is business. I get that. But I also know that my business is my baby, and I do a good job, and it represents me, and I want to do a good job and make my clients happy. Therefore, there will be emotion attached, even if I didn't want it.

Of course you're supposed to feel, but just don't overreact, act on impulse, do something irrational out of spite, or hold a grudge. I think that's what guys mean when they say women should "separate emotions from business" :beatnik:

• 4 years later...