Ask the opposite sex

Uncle Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does it mean when a girl constantly yaps about her boyfriend to another guy (i.e., me)? See, I take it as a sign to ask her out on a date :beatnik:

Define "yap."

If her words are genuinely glorifying his wonderfulness, the girl's previously engaged. If they are condescending, she very well might be looking for a knight.

almonds-nutrition.jpg

Hmmm. A bit of both: she talks about how she cooks for him and even irons his clothes, yet she also talks about how he hardly takes her out, except on cheep dates because he supposedly doesn't make that much money. He certainly has the looks of an AMOG (and I guess that's what counts first). However, I mainly focus on the red flags so that I can pull off the charm offensive of the decade and swoop on down the way a chicken-hawk does :elvis:

Foghorn_with_hens.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here's a sort of ethical question, I guess.

Situation:

Him: married 20 years

Her: single, in a committed relationship

Them: childhood sweethearts/first love, etc.

He's married to her former best friend from when they were in gradeschool. He has contacted Her and wants to see her after many years. She has said okay, but can we include your wife (her former best friend)? He has said yes, but he wants to see Her before that.

If the two of them get together for lunch without either his spouse or her boyfriend there, would that be looked at as cheating to the respective spouses?

Thoughts, please!

I wouldn't call it cheating Shawna but I wouldn't call it being honest either.

If it has to be kept secret then it's kinda borderline.

If I were the female involved I would tell my SO about the meeting even if he wasen't invited. If I couldn't tell him I wouldn't feel right about doing it. I'd feel like I was sneaking around.

I also would only have coffee and in a very public place. Catching up on old times is one thing, but giving the impression even slightly that there may be something more possible should be avoided.

Having a cup of coffee with someone is more casual then lunch and it's easier to bail if things start getting uncomfortable.

If it has to be kept a secret, I would be thinking it's not quite above board.

Well as long as the spice know, it's fine. Also, if it's 20 years and they're no longer first loves etc and there's no 'reigniting' - and there shouldn't be because if it didn't work the first time around, it shouldn't work now because life is not a chick-flick - then there's no problem.

Here's a sort of ethical question, I guess.

Situation:

Him: married 20 years

Her: single, in a committed relationship

Them: childhood sweethearts/first love, etc.

He's married to her former best friend from when they were in gradeschool. He has contacted Her and wants to see her after many years. She has said okay, but can we include your wife (her former best friend)? He has said yes, but he wants to see Her before that.

If the two of them get together for lunch without either his spouse or her boyfriend there, would that be looked at as cheating to the respective spouses?

Thoughts, please!

It's all a play ...until you make a play , and then there's no going back . You ok with that ?

I thought cheating was when Olive snuck around with Bluto when she was sworn to Popeye or when Wimpy promised a burger on Tuesday when he never intended to pay up!

Well blow me down!

*place popeye opening a can of spinach with his forearm smiley here.

yeg yeg yeg yeg...

:D

Oh, talking about sex...yes, it's good as long as it's with me!~

Ha!

• 4 months later...

Okay, so I went shopping looking for a zip up fleece hooded sweatshirt...I lost my favorite one last summer...I saw one I liked, but when I got home I didn't like it as much as when I saw it in the store....is this just a girl thing?...or do you guys do that too?....then I asked hubby if he liked it, and he doesn't say yes or no, he just asks, "what color is that?, is that like an aqua or turquoise?"....and then I"m like "that's it, I'm taking it back, you don't like it"...lol and he says "why, it's fine"....lol...I took it back and exchanged it...