Ask the opposite sex

Uncle Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily, I don't have many exes and the ones that I have stayed in contact with are the kind of person I was friends with before and whose company I still enjoy (NOT as a booty call though!)

At the moment, I'm down in the dumps though :( 6th day into another hard break up :puppyeyes:

They don't get any easier do they :(

The only time it's easier is when he was an idiot to start with, and by the time you're ready to say "hit the road," you're happy to see the screen door slap him on the ass.

But I feel for ya - I've been through too many of those harsh kind, also, and no, it never does get easy, even when you're old like me. *sigh*

Luckily, I don't have many exes and the ones that I have stayed in contact with are the kind of person I was friends with before and whose company I still enjoy (NOT as a booty call though!)

At the moment, I'm down in the dumps though :( 6th day into another hard break up :puppyeyes:

They don't get any easier do they :(

Aw, babes. It's hard for you to see at the moment, but tomorrow could very well hold something unexpected and better. You just gotta be patient and pass through this valley.

I wish I could say the same, that it hurts to part ways, except it doesn't hurt... maybe it's all for the best since I like the sound of my own voice hahahah. Besides, I devote myself to other passions which will keep me busy 'til the day I die. What you need now is a weekend devoted solely to yourself for deep reflection AND some harrcore shoe-shopping - gotta find those rare Hermes tennis shoes :beatnik:

• 1 month later...

SF Ladies, my Brazilian wife asked me a good question the other day that I really had never pondered; how do you feel about being referred to, in the American vernacular, as a "chick?"

Like it? Just OK with it? Or dislike the term?

I know back in hippie days it was totally acceptable to the females I knew, but I also understand feelings can change as we mature.

I think I'm a bit old to refer to myself as a chick ... although if I'm talking about my young 70's self I might. Todays young women, I'm going to bet, would be at least semi-insulted. When it comes down to it, we are all more than that.

I know I hate to be called honey or somesuch. I have a name. If you don't know it, ask. :P

I know back in hippie days it was totally acceptable

in my world it was acceptable... back in the hippie days. Around high school time, it was the the equivalent of now calling your best friend "bitch." It's okay if your friend calls you that, but anyone else calling you that is sort of an insult.

I don't mind anything really if it's a friend. I don't think women use the term today, but I could be wrong. it seems that today it's mostly used in guys conversations (as in) .... "there were these two chicks" .... That's not too bad, although I think there are better choices.

:laughing: that's what I call people (friends) when I'm trying to be a smartass. :laughing: It has to do with a scene in "Caddyshack." Watch it. :grin:

I've seen Caddyshack but don't remember that part. Of course it's been years since I watched it but I'll check it out.

I have a very old friend that calls everyone hon and when it's aimed at me, it completely p***es me off :beady:

I seriously don't like being called hon.

For Gods sake don't tell Kevin that :laughing: