Ask the opposite sex

Uncle Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for responding to me guys, it's good to have some people who know what they're talking about and have great advice. I'm just getting caught up in the moment proobably, like I have done before in the past.... :D

I said that to a younger guy once. He flirted with me for a long time every time we'd see each other. He was very charming, very attractive, and very fun to hang around with. However, considering the age difference there is no way in my wildest dreams anything was gonna happen there. :shocked: (just for you really sickos - he was a legal adult... but barely.)

Anyway, I said it to him wistfully after I'd downed two or three strong beverages, and I meant it only so he'd know that yes, he is all that, but he's just too damn young. Face value.

What was the age difference? For me, it's 7 years, and I'm 19. So, that's a bit too much at the moment I'd say. I think I'm just getting caught up in the whole thing of actually possibly being liked by someone at the same time, it'll take me a while to get over it.

I was fun for her, I made her laugh and smile alot, hopefully I'll still be able to.

I say that to my young friends who know I'm joking... :cool:

That means you' re much too young for her, Floyd. Some women like young boys, other prefer mature men...

Only time will tell. I'd say that I would be too young at the moment, but when I'm in my 20's, maybe. It's just that I've always been attracted to older women, just because of their higher maturity level and more experience. But why would they wanna go for a guy who knows less than them?

You know very well what it means, you just want other people to tell you so you can feel even better about it :shades:

I don't know exactly what it means, I think it means that she is attracted to me, but since I'm too young for her, then she knows that nothing can happen.

Which is exactly why it was an attractive situation for her. She more than likely felt (subconsciously) that it was a very safe flirtation, she could have her fun without being really expected to act on it because of the age difference. So you both had a bit of fun, you seem to have it fixed right in your mind, and learned a lesson as well.

Good job. ;)

I'd have to say once you're BOTH into your 20s, it doesn't matter much anymore. If he's still in his teens, and she's in her late 20s, that's not a viable situation.

Fool... take what she said at face value. She likes you and likes hanging around with you, keep it on a friendship level. Maybe in a few years if you're still hanging around/in communication, then you could certainly pursue something at that time.

If she was a cougar, she'd have made a move by now. So she sounds like a perfectly respectable person who is maybe a little disappointed that she's met someone she's attracted to but can't move on it because she's respectable.

Thanks everybody who responded again, I might get it right someday.

This sort of thing seems to be a trend with me, doesn't it?

Yes Joe, that's a very appropriate song, I'm just an ignorant young boy, but at least I'm not as dumb as I used to be.

Shawna, I'll be 20 in 9 months, ha. Am I really that bad as to be called a fool? I haven't made any moves on her, and we're good friends already, and she knows that. And she did say "If only you were older" in a disappointed way.

Lucky, I can kinda see that basically nothing can happen for a long time, if anything were to happen. But there's just that part of me that won't let go!

Shawna, I'll be 20 in 9 months, ha. Am I really that bad as to be called a fool?

no - but I am! :blush: I'm so sorry - I was thinking you were Foolonthehill, so I called you "Fool" for short. I would never call someone a name and mean it like an actual name, unless it was their name. :crazy:

My apologies! :puppyeyes:

Thanks everybody who responded again, I might get it right someday.

This sort of thing seems to be a trend with me, doesn't it?

You are welcome. As for being a trend, maybe so, but I think it stems from a thoughtful and loving nature, and there isn't a thing wrong with that when you get down to it. You'll get it.

Shawna, no offence taken :)

Lucky, thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it. I've been told recently by people I know, in one way or another, that I have a thoughtful and loving nature, even by the girl (or should I say, woman) that I've been talking about.

MarcM, there's a part of me that hopes that she meant more by it, I might find out over the next few months or not, who knows? I want to visit all my American friends next year, including her.

Kevin, what are you saying that my goal should be? :)

• 2 weeks later...

In your opinions, why would a guy who drumped me via e-mail a few years ago whom I haven't seen, spoken to, nor even thought of since then, has now requested to be my friend on Facebook? What's the point? And how should I respond? It's really weird, because when it was done, it was done. I mean, I took all the *&%^( that he had left here (including an expensive work shirt and some pictures), went over to his house when he was at work, and hung the shirt from the tree by the front door. And I never heard from him again.

Until now. Or wait... could this be the *gasp* :shocked: always known about it but never had it pulled on me - BOOTY CALL????

I'll send Andy over to turn him into a popsicle stick. Hold the popsicle. :beady: :beady:

Edited by Guest