Ask the opposite sex

Uncle Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nammy, I carefully read your post this morning as I was opening my eyes, with a coffee by my side.

Bad luck. It looks life life hasn´t been treating you right lately.

We women WANT THE WORLD AND WE WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU READY TO GIVE IT TO US??NO???

Sorry, then. Next one, please!! :cool:

I Want It All ~ Queen

Songfacts:

This song is about having ambition and a drive to get things done. Brian May wrote the song, which was inspired by his wife, Anita Dobson, who used to say, "I want it all and I want it now." Dobson is an English television actress.

Is it possible that women are wired to push, prod, haggle and pull a man beyond his comfort zone, to the degree that men would not - if left alone - push/prod/haggle/pull themselves; thereby transplanting an entire family from a cave the walls of which were occasionally moistened by the Tigris to a penthouse overlooking the Seine?

Is it possible that women are wired to push, prod, haggle and pull a man beyond his comfort zone, to the degree that men would not - if left alone - push/prod/haggle/pull themselves; thereby transplanting an entire family from a cave the walls of which were occasionally moistened by the Tigris to a penthouse overlooking the Seine?

:bow: :bow: :bow:

I'm in agony today: an injury sustained last night in a 5-a-side football match. I was convinced that I had broken two toes on my left foot (the big toe and #2, since you ask). Then I was told that "if you can move them, they're not broken". Well, I can move them a little bit, so my guess is they're nearly broken.

Anyway, today, I have just been to meet my mother-in-law, who has kindly made some nibbles for a party we're having over the weekend. On the subject of my injury, she was telling me about a product I should use to reduce the bruising. I wasn't ungrateful, but did say that my main priority was reducing the pain, to which she riposted, "Typical man". The :confused: :confused: :confused: must have been written on my face, so she elaborated upon the tired old idea that men always like to exaggerate their ailments. I pointed out that I'm hardly ever ill, but that under these circumstances, I'm less concerned about whatever ugly colour my toes are than I am about how much they hurt. I suppose the "typical woman" response would be to beautify the feet whilst remaining stoically calm about the agony? Are my priorities really so irrational?

Awww your poor little toes :puppyeyes: I'm perpetually nearly breaking mine because I am a klutz and keep banging into things (sometimes I hear an unnerving *crik* but I prefer to ignore it). It's a wonder my toes are still attached to my feet at all.

imho, I don't see that as a 'typical man' sorta thing. Maybe women would prefer to make the toes look good before worrying about the pain so that they can whine a bit longer. Don't ask me how I know that :angel: (though a hideous blue toe would probably be a convincing prop)