Ask the opposite sex

Uncle Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got one for you guys out there....

Why do you seem to want to know our deepest thoughts and desires, but don't always tell us yours? Is it a control issue or do you just assume we know your desires? I feel it's a control issue, reel us in with the talk of wanting to know all about us, leaving us vulnerable and exposed.

here's what I'd like to know:

Why does every guy I meet tell me he's "not like other guys" and then turns out to be EXACTLY like every other guy? And by this, I mean they have the same traits (wanting to fix things, not wanting to talk about their problems, not telling you if something is wrong with the relationship, etc.).

I'm so fed up with guys telling me that, that I almost wish I would meet someone who would tell me, "I'm just like every other guy" and at least be honest and up front about it.

Does this happen the opposite way, also?

Why does every guy I meet tell me he's "not like other guys" and then turns out to be EXACTLY like every other guy? And by this, I mean they have the same traits (wanting to fix things, not wanting to talk about their problems, not telling you if something is wrong with the relationship, etc.).

Because guys are all like other guys. Except me of course. No way am I like other guys. ;)

A true person, whether male or female, never needs to talk about themself or promises to be this or that.

Why would they need to? Their actions would show it as well as their true colours.

Talk is cheap.

BTW, why do some women wear low-cut pants with half-tops and then give men a dirty look if they admire?

Ladies, if you're gonna carry a sign then don't get offended when we read it.

MMMkay?

:P

Thought you'd like it floyd. I'm wondering how things are going, don't keep us in suspense for too long. ;)

OK, here's a little update:

I said to my friend Ross today "Ok, so I can get up on a stage in front of a few hundred people while wearing a dress, singing a song and playing the guitar, and insert the name of the girl that I like into the song, and point at her when I sing it. But yet, I can't talk to her when I'm on my own!"

Does that not make any sense? Well, I'll try and explain myself now.

That was at the school talent show a few weeks ago. I was dressed up as KT Tunstall and singing Black Horse and the Cherry Tree. You see, there's this thing last year I did by mistake that shook the entire foundations of the school. I played that song in Chapel one morning with 2 of my friends, and I did the "Woohoos!" throughout the whole song. Little did I know that that would be so momentous. People still say it to me, that's how everyone knows me.

Anyway, so I failed to capitalise on this. I don't see her much anyway, but I never went up to her and asked her what she taught of the talent show or anything like that!

Now, 2 days ago I walked into the rec room for 6th years. And lo and behold! there's the girl I like with 2 of our mutual friends. Now, they were teasing her and me about me liking her. Again, I fail to capitalise much on that. And when they leave me and her at the table alone, I say nothing, I froze! What an idiot I am. They even came back, and left again, but no, I was lost for words. I was thinking of things to say to her or ask her, but nothing would come out. A moment like that probably won't happen for a very long time again! She did say good bye to me though.

Somethings that I have learned from this though is that another guy likes her, and the 2 guys that were with us were pointing at him, saying that he is my competition. She was getting embarrased. I assume that's a good thing and that she doesn't think I'm a wierdo or a freak because she seems to like the attention.

But what do I do now? I really have to look out alot more for these opportune times with her, or I'll screw it up again! I'm so nervous around her. The friend that I was talking to today was saying that I'm just not used to being around her.

Advice would be most triumphantly appreciated.