Ask the opposite sex

Uncle Joe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's possible to love two people at the same time. I think that if you're not getting what you need from one person, you seek it in someone else. However, I also believe that if you feel the need to go screw another person, have the decency to break up with your wife/girlfriend or husband/boyfriend first. But that's another rant.

I think it's possible to love two people at once, but not necessarily to be in love with two people at once...I'm with Jane on this one: my heart couldn't handle the intensity of it all.

Oh, Sammy: we know! Peachy and I have been sharing you for years with no complaints ;)

And it is hard on the heart also, if you are one of the two that someone loves.

Which is why I don't place myself in those situations. And if those situations were to try and place themselves on me, I would kick the guy into next year so fast he wouldn't get a chance to open the door. He'd go through it.

Sorry... I have no tolerance for people who play these kinds of games. I have a friend who has been seeing a married man for years. He breaks her heart every other week, but he is NEVER NEVER going to leave his wife. So she clings to him and does nothing but complain and get bewildered. Never in my most outrageous dreams would I ever put myself in such a situation.

sorry about the rant. And this isn't directed at you, Jane. Just a response to the question you've raised. :)

The only love triangle I was involved in ended up looking more like a square...best friends and old boyfriends and old girlfriends. It was a mess, and more than one person's heart got broken. I think many of those situations end up in the kind of games and borderline abuse that you're referring to, Shawna.

I was young and dumb... :P

I remember back in high school I was really shy and the only person I would talk to about anything of any gravity was my best friend. My boyfriend talked to her, also... one of those stupid things where there's one person who is the go-to and the mediator. Anyway, I came to find out several years later that she and he had a little fling, probably because I had naively pushed them together. Of course by the time I found out about it I didn't really care... he's now a drug-dealing hick with only 2 teeth left in his head. So it's probably good it went nowhere. :crazy:

I think the whole wife/mistress thing is because men don't WANT to make a decision. They'll love every girl if it meant getting into their pants. The guys who cheat are just lying fools who only think with their *ahem*. :crazy:

All I can be sure of though is that I've had enough problems with one girl at a time... why would anyone want 2 or 3??? That's just more nagging!! :laughing: :laughing:

Men want to be like bee's going from flower to flower....

We had a 19 year old hottie over today to meet Mya and see if she would be good as a baby sitter. She and my wife were playing with Mya in the front yard while I was talking to one of my neighbors down the street. The guy I was talking to interrupted me while I was talking and asked "Who is that!" I told him that we were probably going to hire her as a baby sitter a few times a week. After looking at her for a few minutes, we saw another friend of mine who lives directly across the street from me walk over and start talking to her and my wife! We laughed and then walked over to join in the conversation. There are a lot of dogs on my block. We are all toothless, though...

or, as Ling Wu said on Ally McBeal, "the Dumb Stick."

Love that name for it!! Too funny and oh so true. :)

Shawna I didn't take your reply personal, I appreciate the feed back from everyone, that is why I asked the question. My heart says one thing but my brain and common sense know what is best and I have made the right decision. I just don't understand how some men can be in a situation like that and it never seems to bother them for the most part. But after reading Mark's post, I see the bee reference quite clearly now.