Por Perderte (For Losing You) by La Tribu

FNT

Hello everyone. I finally found what I was looking for the last time, so I decided to come back and expose a few more doubts to you. Once again I have troubles with a couple of songs that I have only heard, but know nothing about them. I can't find their lyrics and I can only guess the titles.

1. I'm almost certain that the first song is from the seventies. The singer is female, and what I can remember of the lyrics goes like this:

Tell me what to do, I'm so in love with you

[????]

--Tell me

[???]

And Heaven knows I've tried to live without your touch

But here I go again, just missing you too much.

Chorus:

Let me get to love you, baby, let me hold you tight.

Let me get to love you, if it's only for tonight.

A woman needs a man, you know it's such a natural thing,

Like Christmas in December or how Summer follows Spring.

Let me get to love you, baby, let me hold you tight

Let me get to love you, so come on, turn out the light,

Just give me ....(chance?) and I'll ... my love is real

So come a little closer and I'll show you show you how I feel.

You said that I'm a fool, just breaking every rule

People talk (.......)

(........)

And Heaven knows I've tried to live without your touch

But here I go again, just missing you too much.

Chorus:

[music]

Heaven knows I've tried to live without your touch

But here I go again, just missing you too much, missing you too much.

Chorus:

Ahh, how I relly feel

Come a little closer...

Ah you're my man.

AH! Don't say bye bye!

[fades]

2. The second seems just as old, but the style is very different. The singer is male, and the lyrics include the following phrases:

let me feel something deep inside, for i wanna know

she [...] for me and I wanna cry

she's gone away, left me behind, that makes me cry

for I'm losing you

The actual song is very short, but after it, the singer goes "La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la" for quite a while, with some echoes added. The way the song ends reminds me of "Daydream" by The Wallace Collection.

As an extra question, I'd like to ask if somebody knows who wrote the song "You're my Everything" that is sung by Santa Esmeralda. Perhaps someone who owns the album "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" can tell me.

Thanks in advance,

Edited by Guest
solved

As an extra question, I'd like to ask if somebody knows who wrote the song "You're my Everything" that is sung by Santa Esmeralda. Perhaps someone who owns the album "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" can tell me.

Thanks in advance,

According to allmusic, Jean Manuel DeScarano/Lee Garrett/Nicolas Skorsky.

Next quotes are from Santa Esmeralda´s myspace page... or something similar...

Leroy composed the words to "You're My Everything" for Tequila, and the song would come to identify their relationship over the years.  The song became a very popular wedding theme through the years for thousands of others worldwide and remains so to this day

During one of Leroy's many recording sessions he met two producer/songwriters who took the pen names Nicolas Skorsky and Jean Manuel de Scarano.  Skorsky and Scarano had just started up a little record label named Fauves Puma and were eager to work with some fresh new talent.  Their collaboration with Leroy gave birth to something wholly unique and special.  Leroy's idea of combining flamenco rhythms with a disco beat...

• 4 months later...

Can anybody identify this song, or better yet, the singer/group?

http://rapidshare.com/files/45038846/Losingyou.mp3.html

I had already asked before with no success, but I managed to get a sample of it; the quality is bad, but I guess that someone who really knows should be able to recognise it because of its music.

Thanks.

Edited by Guest
title

maybe I'm an idiot, but that site appears to want me to pay for the service to download your link... :confused:

I think if you don't d/l the file within the first 15 - 30 mins of upload, then it isn't free :frown:

no and no, you can click on "free", then on the next page you have to write down the letter/number code and click on "Download via..."

voilà :)

sorry, I have absolutly no idea about the lyrics though... is the song really called "Losing You"?

Thanks a lot for the help explaining the rapidshare thing =).

I'm not sure how the song is called actually. When I do a search on the internet or on iTunes, some songs with "losing you" in the title come out, but none is this particular song. I previously posted a question with what I can "understand" of the lyrics (I have a bad ear for English) here: http://forum.songfacts.com/showtopic.php?tid/142075/post/312917/hl//fromsearch/1/

Let me feel something deep inside, for i wanna know

she left a lonely place for me and I wanna cry

she's gone away, left me behind, that makes me cry

for I'm losing you

They don't make as much sense as I wish, so I assume I misheard some words.

Just one more thing: Here's a sample of the first song that I asked about at the beginning of this [merged] tread:

http://rapidshare.com/files/45512119/Secondsample.mp3.html

Just in case somebody wants to give it a try.

Thanks a lot everybody.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for trying anyway!

I finally found the info for the first song:

Let me Get to Love You - Gilly Mason

(Palmers)

Album: Let me Get to Love You/Every Day I Have to Cry

Year: 1976

It confused me a bit since the lyrics are not anywhere on the internet and the only images linked to Gilly Mason until recently featured a man (hinting a male singer), but it is indeed that song, and I found a cover with a female singer accordingly.

And just in case anybody was curious about the first song I asked about on the boards:

http://forum.songfacts.com/showtopic.php?tid/141090/post/261976/hl//fromsearch/1/#261976

It turned out to be "You Took my Breath Away" by Kaplan Kaye, apparently from 1976.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just found the answer today. The reason why the song was so elusive is that it was performed by a Mexican group that sang in English instead of Spanish:

Por Perderte (For Losing You) by La Tribu

Author: Miguel Morales.

Album: La Tribu

Year: 1971

So I guess this thread can be closed now. But I may still return and ask new questions =P.