The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten # 53

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what you're saying, Mr. Fitter. I was under the mistaken perception that one of your noms made the Top Ten. Must've been one of the other recently ended ones.

No Frank Black for you? I thought you might be the other one who would vote for it. :)

Almost certainly would have, if your link had worked, but the video had been taken off for a code violation. Can't vote for a song I've not heard before, can I? :P

Not one of my favorite top tens. When I think of the eighties all I visualize is Nancy Reagan. I am in therapy now to combat this horrid affliction.

Not red evening dresses AGAIN , Phil -I thought you were over that !?! :P Now I understand the demotion to AAA Hoboken . At least you didn't bet on baseball ! :D :thumbsup:

with all the talk about country songs, I want to thank Mr. Lizard for being the only one, besides me, to vote for Hotel Yorba :) - and even higher than me!

:cool: I love that song! I suppose I'm sort of a Jack White fanboy... :P

I, too, am not overly excited by this Top Ten, but one of my nominations made it again, so it's sort of fun to be on this roll (this comment will probably generate a backlash against whatever I nominate next time :laughing: ). I'd like to give a special :rockon: to the Cash family, who barely missed out on my vote. Kevin's right, who cares about the 80's, it's about time we got some country in there.

I just deleted some Posts in the Archive Thread, as it makes it too cluttered.

As Farin said, this thread is the one for comments - which he welcomes, as all feedback is appreciated - but the Archives are for referral purposes.

I was all ready to announce that I was leaving today - some already knew - but I've decided I'm going to stick around a little longer to participate in the Ten/s.

I'll take no part in the running of the Ten - Farin and Lucky are quite capable of doing that. They, and Chris, do a wonderful job. Sorry if I upset anybody in voicing my opinions yesterday. I was letting off steam because I was leaving. The lesson there is that you should never make your words 'bitter' because you might have to eat them later. I also really agree that a weekly Top Ten is the most practical.

;)

Not my favorite Top Ten, but I was very pleased to at last see an 80s #1, and by an NZ/Australian Group. Two (or three) firsts.

:)

Thanks Namahage. I'm not really one of those who resent (for want of a better word) the "Younger Generation" and see my generation through rose coloured glasses. Anyway, you don't fool me - you're really an OK guy.

:thumbsup:

I'd just like to say to all that the bit about leaving wasn't a 'grandstand play'. I sat at the computer this morning with the intention of typing that.

:P

Go Crowded House! :bow:

If I remember correctly, I nominated Don't Dream It's Over almost a year ago, and it only managed about 20 or so points. Then I believe Shadows nominated it not too long ago, and it narrowly missed out on the top ten.

Most number ones seem to be renominations these days. :)