The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten # 53

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm of an opposite opinion. The Tens start and finish too quick for me.

Anyway, I was a non-voter this time. I've been sick for the last couple days.

I'm so sorry, bazooka, you missed voting by less then an hour, but I had no idea when or even if you came to vote... :crazy: :P

about the timeline, I think we have found quite a good compromise - it would be difficult to make it longer, since we have quite a few members who don't come online on the weekends, so they would only see the results on monday - when the new thread already started...

:headphones:

I don't think I misread that :)

he was sick, yes, but he returned today - an hour after I stopped waiting for him...

and I understood his other statement as a general remark: that the voting closes too soon for him...

didn't he mean that? :confused:

well, I won't change my opinion about that, anyway :grin:

Ahh ! I can see now , partly , what is stressfull about running these threads , then . Why not just call a time ( at your convenience unless notified otherwise ) , and hell-or-high water - go ahead with your results regardless of situations - a lot less stress for all , methinks ?! Seems easier to me ... :)

Good ! :thumbsup: Good to see nice and clear rules then that all can understand . They needn't be notified by PT nor named in posts to nominate nor vote , as you have made it very clear for all to see . We can assume , then , that those not participating may be sick , like Bazooka was , or otherwise occupied and needn't be pestered . We can carry on regardless , right ? Thank you for clearing this up . :thumbsup: :drummer: :bow:

I wonder why Boys of Summer got so high this time when last time I nominated it, it didn't even make the top ten. O___o

But errr... this one-week routine works for me. I always felt like the old style was too rushed, personally, and I was constantly getting exhausted by trying to come up with nominations. If we went back to a faster variation, I'm not sure I'd be able to keep up or really care to.

I've felt that way about a few of them myself, b-f, even though there's usually one I like.

I am happy about this one, though. Musically, the '80s wasn't perfect, but for me a lot of good memories come from listening to those tunes.

Did you not like even your own nominations, B-F?

Of course I did. :doh:

But I didn't much care for the bottom half of my Top Ten, and then only one song I voted for featured in the overall Top 10, "Dude Looked Like A Lady", which I can't say I've ever given a second thought to: it's just okay, y'know? I've never sung it to myself, never danced to it, never played guitar to it, don't possess it in any format whatsoever, have never turned the radio up to hear it better, never performed it in karaoke, it never mattered a jot to me ten years ago and it still doesn't now. But it's my favourite in this Top Ten. You catch my drift?

Screw the '80's ! A Country song made the top 10 - far more interesting ... :)

This is what I find interesting too Kevin. Thank you for nominating Jackson!! I have to say I had to dig to come up with an eighties nomination myself. However, it must have been an ok one.... both my nominations made the ten!!! :grin: :happybanana: I'll break out the banana for that!

The timeline itself doesn't bother me, however it's done. I'm easy. (hush Kevin...) :)

I get what you're saying, Mr. Fitter. I was under the mistaken perception that one of your noms made the Top Ten. Must've been one of the other recently ended ones.

No Frank Black for you? I thought you might be the other one who would vote for it. :)