The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten # 53

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #53!

:headphones:

EVERYONE IS MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. ALL YOU DO IS:

* Nominate two songs from 1950 to the present that haven't made the Ten before (please click to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens. There are NO other restrictions.

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them on here. Points are allotted 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them.

PLEASE LET US HAVE YOUR NEW NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Cliff Richard - I'm afraid to go home Video

This song was the B-side of Twelfth of Never. I'd like some info on it if anyone can find some. Who wrote it and when? What inspired the topic? It's about the American civil war and the homecoming of a soldier perhaps. The last verse is:

Sherman's been in my town

Burnt it down to the ground

Now there's not a tree

Between Memphis and the sea

2 The Byrds - She don't care about time Video

The guitar solo uses a very familiar classical tune, but I can't quite pinpoint it. Can you help me?

1 Cliff Richard - I'm afraid to go home Video

This song was the B-side of Twelfth of Never. I'd like some info on it if anyone can find some. Who wrote it and when? What inspired the topic? It's about the American civil war and the homecoming of a soldier perhaps. The last verse is:

Sherman's been in my town

Burnt it down to the ground

Now there's not a tree

Between Memphis and the sea

All I found is : written by Gary Geld/Peter Udell. Released in 2001 in his album "I could easily fall". Gene Pitney sang it in 1966. Bryan Hyland also performed it. So I guess it must be a cover...

2 The Byrds - She don't care about time Video

The guitar solo uses a very familiar classical tune, but I can't quite pinpoint it. Can you help me?

I'm not sure about the guitar solo Dap, but the first second or two in the begining of this song it sort of reminded me of the begining to "Ticket To Ride".... :P and "Mr. Tambourine Man" also... :P

Edited by Guest